Ready to get out of the city and travel to some of the most beautiful locations in Canada?
We are looking for a strong team player familiar with high volume and fast pace kitchens to join our work and travel team.
The ideal candidate will have some experience in resort and restaurant kitchens, be able to multi-task, take directions and have a willingness to learn, work in a fast-paced manner, and provide adequate service.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, or pans, using a dishwashers or by hand.
- Keep dishwasher clean and immediately report any functional or mechanical problems to the Kitchen Manager.
- Setting up, cleaning, and organizing of dish station
- Monitor dishwasher water temperature to ensure sanitary wash cycle.
- Stock supplies, such as food or utensils, in serving stations, cupboards, refrigerators, or salad bars.
- Prepare sauces and ingredients by following instructions and adhering to standardized recipes and specifications
- Ensure that the food preparation, quality and presentation meets organizational standards
- Help keep track of kitchen inventory, including food, supplies and equipment
- Perform kitchen work station opening and closing duties as required
- Clean food preparation and production areas as required.
- Receive and store supplies.
- Clean garbage cans with water or steam.
- Transfer supplies or equipment between storage and work areas, by hand or using hand trucks.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
HOW OUR PROGRAM WORKS:
- Full-time, paid work. This will typically be provincial minimum wage plus any gratuities and overtime
- There are no fees for job seekers.
- This position will last for 6 months.
- you want to stay on after your deployment, that option exists!
- Staff accommodations available for all Mobilize staff
- Employee is responsible for relocation and housing cost
- The program works in groups employees, so if you have friends you would like to live and travel with, make sure you apply together!
- Customer service or hospitality experience is an asset but not a requirement.
- Must be 18 and be legally able to work in Canada.
- Provide a clear police record.
- A sense of adventure!