Manpower is currently hiring a Security Guard Manager to fulfill a permanent position.
Hours: 40 Hrs/Wk.
Location: Southwest Calgary AB
Summary of Key Responsibilities (job functions include but are not limited to):
- Reporting to the General Manager with a supplementary reporting line to National Security Operations, this position is ultimately responsible for the effective and efficient execution of all operational aspects of the Security and Life Safety Department.
- Established authority at the property on issues relating to security and life safety to both internal stakeholders and clients, including but not limited to: threat and risk assessments; security and life safety business practices and business models; business case proposals and recommendations; financial accountability, and performance standards
- An important responsibility of this role is the implementation, upkeep and testing of emergency response plans to ensure the property is adequately prepared to deal with a wide range of potential risk events.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Reviews and approves budgets relating to the annual departmental expenditures, such as on security contracts, salaries, and technology (capital) before final sign-off by General Managers, VPs Operations, or higher
- Develops and implements policies and procedures relating to security operations, security guard
- Ongoing oversight to ensure all aspects of the security and life safety management program are assessed and updated regularly to remain current with Cadillac Fairview standards and industry best practice, and to continually achieve operational and fiscal efficiency
- Conduct reviews of internal property business processes in areas such as security operating practices e.g. use of force, emergency management, fire safety systems and procedures, health and safety and business continuity
- Make broadly applicable policy and procedural changes to close evident gaps, or where the incumbent leads opportunities for improvement in effectiveness or in terms of achieving longer range national objectives relating to security and life safety, as set out by the Director of National Security Operations
- Bachelor of Arts / and Business is required
- Master of Arts Degree is required
- Community College, Law / Security / Enforcement is mandatory
- Professional security industry accreditation, including (CPP, ASP, PSP)
- Minimum of 7 years working in a commercial real estate security and life safety environment, or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of security and life safety management experience, ideally at a series of properties of increasingly complex scope
Please apply online and/or create and manage your profile at www.manpower.ca. Alternatively, you can email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp or contact us at 403-269-6936 & ask for our Office team. You can also follow us on Facebook (@manpower.alberta), Instagram (Manpower.AB), twitter (@ManpowerAB) & LinkedIn (ManpowerAB) for more information on our current Companies and Job Postings