Avocette Technologies currently has Contract and Permanent opportunities for Senior Business Analysts to work with our clients within the Greater Vancouver area. Please note, both Avocette Technologies and our client will not cover relocation costs.
We work with a wide range of clients including government and crown corporations, community services agencies, healthcare providers, and professional services organizations.
Skills and experience include:
- Experience in business improvement and process re-engineering
- Gathering and documenting business requirements
- Conducting business needs assessments, problem definition, data collection, and technology research
- Analyzing options, risks, financial analysis, cost benefits and support requirements of various proposed solutions
- Contributing to or authoring documentation (i.e. business cases, feasibility reports, business requirements, process definitions, use cases, functional requirements)
- Modeling and documenting business processes for the creation of artefacts (i.e. swim-lane, activity, workflow diagrams)
- Ongoing customer service support and subject-matter expertise
- Analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to quickly learn new concepts/processes
- Knowledge of current information technology, and industry trends
- Excellent leadership skills to foster client engagement and team work
- Superior diplomacy, judgment and tact
- Excellent facilitation and organizational skills
- Ability to develop and deliver professional presentations
- Ability to develop and deliver business process related training
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal/conflict resolution skills
- Experience as a mentor
- Proven ability to establish priorities and strong attention to detail.
- Adaptable, flexible and comfortable working in a fast-paced, diverse organization.
- Ability to work independently as required
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 5+ years progressive experience in business analysis including project scoping, estimating, documentation, stakeholder management, risk assessment, communication planning and implementation.
- Knowledge of project management best practices and methodologies
- Demonstrated experience with the systems development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse and varied project teams of both technical and business team members.
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio)
- Post-secondary education or a combination of related education and experience.
If you feel that you meet all of the above requirements, please apply to this posting directly in the strictest of confidence. Please note that, due to overwhelming response, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
About Avocette Technologies Inc.:
Since 1977, Avocette Technologies Inc., formerly TP Systems has earned our clients' trust by helping them improve performance through innovative and cost-effective software, outsourcing, and IT staffing solutions. We work with a wide range of clients including government, community services agencies, healthcare providers, and professional services organizations. This experience, combined with our comprehensive capabilities enables Avocette to be responsive to diverse client needs. Large enough to get the job done right, yet small enough to be responsive, Avocette is valued by clients for our ability to consistently deliver outstanding results. Visit www.avocette.com for other exciting career opportunities.