Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
Operations and Compliance Technology (OCT) develops strategic solutions that support key business processes, including Settlements, Confirmations, Regulatory Reporting, Position Keeping, Anti-Money Laundering and Trade Surveillance. Our clients include Institutional Securities Group, Wealth Management, Enterprise Operational Risk & Control, Risk, Internal Audit, Operations and Compliance.
The Loans PA is responsible for systems used to support the loans business in all its forms. Systems cover large scale corporate lending, secondary loan trading, commercial real estate, residential real estate and warehouse lending. A mixture of both in-house built and vendor applications are supported and developed by the group.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the analysis, design and development work on a multi-year build out effort for our existing Warehouse Lending platform. The project includes the development of various new features into the platform, integration with other Loans PA applications, and the migration of the platform from 2-tier to multi-tier.
- Analysis, design and development of multi-tiered applications in C#, using WinForms for the UI layer and SOAP-based/RESTful web services in for the backend
- Working with the QA team in the preparation and execution of test cases for developed applications
- Collaborating with a Managed Services team to help build tactical solutions and provide production support on a 24 x 7 basis whenever required.
- Strong in agile/scrum planning and act as a scrum master for the team.
- Performing peer code reviews to enforce coding standards, code consistency, usage of design patterns and adherence to application design
- Communicating status and issues in a clear, timely and professional manner
- Responsible for suggesting improvements for performance, availability and reliability.
This position is based in Montreal
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of solid software development experience using C#
- Minimum 5 years of solid experience in the development of UI’s using WinForms and Infragistics
- Extensive experience in building SOAP-based and RESTful webservices using WCF/Webapi
- Minimum 5 years of solid database design skills in relational databases including Sybase or SQL Server and solid experience with SQL and creation of DB objects including stored procedures, views, triggers etc.
- Advanced knowledge of OOA/OOD and the ability to understand and utilize design patterns
- Working knowledge of UNIX and a minimum 5 years of experience in development of Perl and Shell scripts.
- Familiarity with source control systems like Perforce and Git/Stash
- Solid experience working in Agile/Scrum Methodology as a scrum master and sprint planner
- Strong problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Strong communication skills allowing effective collaboration with developers, operations and business
- Strong Configuration and Production Release Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, or related discipline
- Knowledge of Warehouse Lending is a major plus
- LoanIQ integration is a major plus
- Database optimization skills
- Prior work experience in the financial industry
- Knowledge of MQ products, preferably IBM WebSphere MQ
- Knowledge of Lean/5S/Six Sigma tools, SDLC phases and MS development environments
The salary range is min : 85,000.00$ to max : 95,000.00$
The benefits paid that are paid by the employer: medical plan, dental, life insurance, short term insurance, up to 6% contribution to the REER, ETC
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.