Senior Engineer - Lightning, EMC & HIRF
- Be the technical leader of a small team of EMC professionals
- Review and approve design documents such as vendor drawings, test procedures, qualification reports and certification documents
- Prepare / define system specifications and requirements
- Prepare technical reports to show compliance to the applicable certification requirements
- Coordinate investigation and corrective action of specific in-service problems involving various systems and components and any continuing airworthiness issues
- Provide technical solutions to the field and production lines
- Supervise / coordinate the work and mentoring of less experienced Engineers in the department
- You have a PhD or Masters degree in Physics or Electrical Engineering and you are a specialist in Electromagnetics.
- You have a minimum of 15 years of relevant Aviation based HIRF/EMI Engineering experience.
- You have working experience with design, qualification and certification test requirements of aircraft EMC /HIRF /Lightning.
- You are knowledgeable with EMC/ HIRF / Lightning applicable TC, EASA and FAA certification requirements and advisory material.
- You are familiar with regulatory working relationships with TC, EASA or FAA and you must be capable of obtaining DAD / DAR status.
- You have strong integration skills, in both system partner management and system technical integration
- You are familiar with Microsoft Office software tools
- The position may require travel to Flight Test, Vendor or Operator sites.
- You have excellent organizational and planning skills, you are able to set priorities in order to achieve important milestones
- You have strong communication skills; are able to communicate at all levels of the organization and to all levels of our customer and representative organizations
- You have strong customer orientation
- You are able to make decisions, which may involve others from various functions in order to exceed our customer’s needs