Brookfield Asset Management ("Brookfield") is a global alternative asset manager with over US$500 billion in assets under management. Brookfield has over 120 years of experience owning and operating assets in more than 30 countries with a focus on property, infrastructure, renewable power and other real assets. We are proud of our track record for achieving strong risk-adjusted returns for our clients, partners and shareholders across all market conditions. Brookfield is publicly listed on the NYSE and TSX.
The Brookfield Renewable Power Group ("BEP") is one of our primary operating platforms. Brookfield has over 120 years of experience as a power generation owner, operator and developer. Our renewable power portfolio includes over 18,000 MW of hydroelectric, wind, solar, and storage capacity and is diversified across 27 power markets in 17 countries.
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Reporting, the Senior Financial Analyst will work in the Corporate Finance Group to ensure that the quarterly and annual filings - management's discussion and analysis, financial statements, supplemental information, press releases, etc. - are prepared in accordance with Ontario Securities Commission and Securities Exchange Commission rules and regulations and in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
In addition, this position will be responsible for assisting in capital markets activities form a reporting perspective which will require significant interactions with individuals internal and external to Brookfield Renewable, including senior management, external auditors, and external legal counsel. This position requires superior organization skills, attention to detail and the ability to produce deliverables under very tight deadlines.
- Prepares financial statements and reports in accordance with IFRS;
- Prepares and reviews analyses to support the management discussion and analysis sections of the quarterly and annual repots and the supplemental information;
- Reaches beyond received data to review and analyze results with a critical eye for meeting financial reporting requirements and a willingness to challenge others as needed;
- Researches and interprets new accounting standards/guidelines to assess potential impacts on financial reporting activities;
- Modifies existing and designs new processes that maximize operational efficiency;
- Provides advice on internal control issues and recommends and implements reporting enhancements;
- Fulfill ad hoc information requests from investors, rating agencies, investment analysts an senior management.
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent negotiation skills; Able to explain difficult/complex issues and, in a manner that fosters mutual respect, uses tact and diplomacy to persuade others to adopt a point of view;
- Ability to locate and collect data from appropriate sources and analyze it to prepare meaningful and concise reports that summarize the information;
- Excellent written communication skills to convey technical accounting and budgeting issues in a clear and concise manner;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work with and build relationships with a diverse group at all levels of the organization;
- Ability to work in a team setting; collaborates with team members across the organization
- Effective communication skills (oral and written) in English. French is an asset.
- Hold a recognized professional accounting designation (CPA, CA; CMA; CGA; CPA (U.S.));
- 3 or more years of relevant experience;
- Experience working with large, multi-national corporations with numerous and varying reporting requirements;
- Experience in working in a growing organization with changing needs and multiple complex business transactions that have an impact on the financial reporting of the business;
- Experience with IBM Cognos Controller;
- Experience with Certent CDM;
- Knowledge of XBRL application;
- Web filing knowledge;
- Working knowledge of IFRS and accounting and financial analysis principles and practices;
- Excellent MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint capabilities and strong ability to navigate complex working papers.