Senior Financial Analyst, Toronto, ON.
Your new company
Hays Senior Accounting & Finance has partnered with a Canadian not-for-profit organization dedicated to managing services related to the medical equipment industry. Based in Toronto, (North York) this company offers the opportunity to work in a team environment with an emphasis on collaboration. We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to work a contract (until June 2018) with an opportunity for extension or permanency.
Your new role
The Senior Financial Analyst will play a critical role in the reporting, budgeting and forecasting function as it relates to year end processes. The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for reviewing complex financial statements and providing detailed analysis of said information. The Senior Financial Analyst is expected to manage multiple priorities that include research and analyse of financial information helping the
organization to make well informed decisions, write reports and monitor financial movements. The ideal
candidate will be a motivated team player that interacts with all associates who possesses a positive
can do attitude, a high degree of attention to detail, professionalism, and drive in order to undertake the wide
latitude of responsibilities.
- Consolidate and analyse financial data taking into account the organization's goals to develop forecast
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to expand Participant's surplus and improve
- operational efficiencies
- Assemble and summarise data for management, Board and Participant reporting including but not
- limited to;
- Monthly/quarterly/annual close
- Preparation of financial statements and reports
- Budget to actual variance analyses
- Cash flow forecasting
- Develop financial models (i.e. cost of ownership by vendor), conduct benchmarking and process
- Identify trends (cost of ownership, surplus, long term stabilization fund, etc.), advise organization and
- recommend actions based on sound analysis
- Responsible for managing sound system of financial controls
- Complete weekly repair/PM event reviews for payment processing including resolving any billing
- issues coordinating high cost repair event approvals
- Assist with the development of annual business plans including revenue and surplus forecasts
- Manage service contracts and renewal thereof
- Liaise with vendors regarding time and material purchase orders and service contracts
- Develop quotes for equipment Program additions
- Responsible for systems management including data base and Participant files
- Lead assigned projects or provide assistance as required
- Consult with management to guide and influence long term and strategic decision making
- Drive process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function/role
- Additional duties as assigned
What you'll need to succeed
The Senior Financial Analyst will possess sound analytical capabilities and advanced Microsoft Office Excel. You will be able to learn quickly - especially when it comes to technical systems and Excel formulas and spreadsheets. You will have advanced knowledge of MS Excel & Access and proficient with other MS Office applications including hands on experience with statistical analysis and statistical packages. You will have a university degree, Accounting or Finance including CPA (CA, CGA, CMA) designation required. 3-5 years
reporting, consolidation and financial analysis experience in the medical equipment industry; diagnostic
imaging or laboratory equipment experience preferred. You will have the ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form.
What you'll get in return
This is a contract opportunity with the possibility of going permanent. This contract runs until June 2018. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing organization.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.