| || || |
Our client, a leading Financial Services company located downtown, is seeking a Senior Java Developer. With the creation of a new internal Java development team they are seeking an experienced Senior Java Developer to work with a team of highly skilled developers, and deliver complex internal system development projects across a number of applications within our Java portfolio.
As a Senior Developer, you will assume responsibility for key aspects of the projects, and with a strong technical background and experience will ensure you can offer the support and guidance to more junior members of the team.
What’s in it for you?
Our client offers a competitive compensation & employee benefits plan. At the same time, our client empowers its teams to harness new ideas, and allows staff unleash their imaginations to create innovative products and services to improve our service and respond to customer needs.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Working closely with Development Project Managers and Business Analysts to produce accurate delivery estimates and manage the transition from analysis through to design and delivery
- Provide regular and effective progress updates to, and work closely with, Team Leader and Project Managers to ensure the management of any delivery risks or issues
- Participate in reviews and meetings and provide updates on project progress
- Work closely with relevant teams internally to ensure alignment and coordination across operations as part of the seamless implementation of existing and new systems
- Contributing to post implementation reviews helping to demonstrate success or otherwise of projects
- Contribution to the definition of departmental and systems strategies and progression of any allocated objectives
- Work on a wide range of projects involving the implementation of new and existing systems, solutions and processes
- University degree in a related field
- 3+ years experience of working as a Senior developer
- 8+ years of development experience
- Accomplished (Oracle) SQL Skills to include data management, mining, and modelling
- Experience with working in Agile development methodology, and a DevOps environment an asset
- Experience in a variety of software development approaches and methodologies including Agile and Waterfall Experience in both architecture and implementation-level software design
- Experience with JIRA and a familiarity of Continuous Integration
Nice to Have:
- Accounting or financial services technical experience considered an asset
isgSearch is a member of the ISG Group of Companies, operating in Canada since 1990. Throughout the 1990's, ISG (Informatics Search Group) was built into one of Canada's leading search firms, and sold in 1998 to a leader in North American Recruitment & Solution Services. In 2007, the same ownership that drove ISG to success, created isgSearch with a boutique-style approach, catering to the very specific needs of hiring clients and talented professionals in the IT space.