Senior Learning & Development Specialist
Department: Quality, Planning and Analysis (462)
30 Adelaide Str, East
Toronto, Ontario, M5C 3G9
Number of Positions: 1
The Learning & Development Specialist is responsible for the training and onboarding of all new employees within Business Operations Transactions Services. The incumbent will support the Transactions Services teams through the design and development of high quality training material, as well as, implement any best practices based on the needs of the employees. Some key components of the program may include: industry/product information, transfer agency systems, operational procedures, FAQ’s and problem resolution. The Learning & Development Specialist will work closely with the division’s management team to track individual and group skill deficiencies and subsequent training needs. They will serve as a technical resource to others within the department and across the company in their areas of expertise, consult regularly with internal clients in support of client goals and initiatives, partner with their peers across divisions to leverage best practices and ensure collaboration of training requirements. The incumbent will support the Unit Managers on coaching sessions and identifying trending around knowledge gaps, functions, or system limitations. The incumbent will work closely with Human Resources on enhancing usage of Pace Partners.
- Create and implement consistent standards for all key training and development initiatives (i.e. needs analysis, design, consistent content and evaluation, maintenance of training records, etc.) in order to ensure that the highest level of quality of training is delivered.
- Develop training materials for classroom based and e-learning based training. This required developing PowerPoint presentations, e-learning modules, job aids and other resources as needed
- Implement the training program based on required functions (for example, processing of financial trades, non-financial trades, Quality control etcetera)
- Plan and arrange training activities and monitor employee progress and effectiveness of programs
- Submit trainee performance summaries to Department Manager at each phase of the training program, where appropriate
- Delivers standard training courses focusing on end-user
- Delivers new employee onboard training including modules specific to Transaction Services, for example, Mutual Funds Basics, ACB (Adjusted Cost Base), Registered products
- Delivers Fund Management Company Product specific training
- Maintain content management for the Contact Centre
- Special projects as assigned
- Prior training and/or documentation (curriculum development) experience
- Ability to train based on Adult learning principals
- Ability to work with a team of learning professionals
- Evaluate learner application of skills and knowledge through observation and testing results, where appropriate
- Solid understanding of the Canadian Distribution Model (for example, KYC, OSC, Documentation)
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to listen effectively
- Strong knowledge of the Mutual Fund industry
- Previous experience in a service oriented environment; strong client focus
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate / present complex business and technical concepts plainly and simply
- Strong research / information gathering / analytical and problem-solving skills - takes a logical approach to analyzing problems. Systematically researches information and explores alternatives to solve problems
- Understands the business impact of escalated issues and service requests
- Positive impact – performs in a manner that makes a strong positive impression on others; e.g., high energy level
- Seeks advise, assistance and validation as required
- Provide performance coaching and communicate honest, constructive feedback with solutions to learns to achieve performance deliverables
- Knowledge of mutual fund processing (not necessary)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the Mutual Fund Industry
- Microsoft applications especially MS Word; MS Excel; MS PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of authoring tools (Storyline, Captivate, etc.
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Processing and/or quality control experience on iFAST
- Canadian Securities Course and or/ IFIC Mutual Funds Course and/ or Segregated Funds Course
IFDS Canada encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Applicants with disabilities may notify us of any accommodations needed to support your participation in the recruitment process. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying. Please be aware that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted for this position.