Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Enterprise Infrastructure (EI) is responsible for delivering essential technology infrastructure solutions to Morgan Stanley’s businesses. EI manages the production, operations, and engineering of our data centers, voice and data networking solutions, mainframe servers and databases, distributed computing, wireless technologies, and associated end user capabilities.
The Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) support team is looking for a DevOps candidate, to implement and maintain the next version of our large scale heterogeneous Linux plant. The existing environment consists of a mixture of open source and in-house written Perl and Python components which will be modernized and replaced to ensure the continued delivery of a stable and secure infrastructure with increased agility and flexibility.
The Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) support team is responsible for maintaining and improving Linux infrastructure for Morgan Stanley's distributed systems. The group is involved in evaluation, certification, integration, and maintenance of numerous products, including hardware, Red Hat Linux, configuration management, system services (DNS, DHCP, NTP, etc.), virtualization technologies and a variety of in-house developed tools.
Role and Responsibilities
• We are looking for a strong DevOps candidate with Perl or Python development experience.
• You will have experience of managing, deploying to and debugging large scale production environments
• You will work with firewall teams and submit tickets for rule changes and troubleshooting requests.
• You will be able to write secure, testable, robust code.
• You will be responsible for on-call responsibilities shared with a global team
• You will be joining a global team of highly accomplished engineers, developers, and operations specialists.
• You will contribute and maintain documentation for systems, processes, and procedures.
• You will have experience with Change Management and Problem management practices
• You will be expected to act like an owner.
• 4+ years of Enterprise Level Experience in Large Distributed Environment.
• In Depth Experience with Linux System Administration preferably Red Hat.
• Detailed knowledge of TCP/IP, Experience with networking and security concepts, implementation, and troubleshooting.
• Experience with monitoring tools and solutions.
• Experience with VMWare technologies such as ESXi, vCenter, and vSAN.
• Experience with Configuration Management tools such as: Puppet, Docker, Satellite.
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills in a highly visible faced paced enterprise environment.
• Coding experience with Perl/Python or shell scripting.
• Experience automating workflow.
• Ability to work with a global team.
• An understanding of Problem and Change Management Practices.
• An understanding of SLA, Metrics, and Alerts.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to write technical documentation and coach team members.
• Solid understand of Linux Kernel internals performance tuning
• Experience with application integration
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.