Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
The Cineplex Marketing department is recruiting for the position of Senior Marketing Manager, Food Service Marketing reporting to the Executive Director, Theatrical Marketing.
The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for supporting the Food Service/Merchandising and Theatrical Marketing teams in all identified Marketing-based initiatives in the development and execution of all programs related to driving food service revenue and guest engagement.
The key areas of responsibilities of this position include:
- Act as the senior representative working collaboratively with the Merchandising/Food Service business unit and Customer Strategies teams to identify and lead opportunities to drive food service sales and visitation.
- Develop, manage and implement marketing programs and initiatives to support Cineplex's Merchandising/Food Service business unit annual business plan.
- Drive marketing and brand strategy for various Cineplex Food Service RBOs including VIP, Outtakes, Poptopia, Melt and YoYo's.
- Identify and evaluate cross-promotional and integrated marketing opportunities with other internal business units and external partners/suppliers to support annual marketing plans.
- Collaborate and innovate with external Food Service partners to develop best in-class consumer-facing initiatives aimed at increasing concession revenue and concession purchase frequency.
- Leverage Cineplex and SCENE databases to gain insights into consumer food/drink purchase behaviour and develop targeted marketing plans.
- Develop and manage project budgets, timelines and pre/post-program ROI evaluations.
- Manage relationships with external agencies and internal creative and content teams for creative development and marketing program support.
- Follow a proper creative and media buy brief protocol with all internal and external stakeholders and act as lead on all Food Service marketing campaigns.
- Provide detailed quantitative and qualitative post-analysis on all programs
- Assist in the development of theatre opening campaigns and other events related to Food Service business.
- Provide assistance in working with all theatres and daily requests on Food Service related marketing programs including in-theatre promotions and applicable liaising with internal stakeholders for approvals.
- Other administrative duties as required.
The candidate must be a highly collaborative team player who can influence across and up without reporting line authority. Reporting to this role is the Marketing Manager, Food Service.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree, Post Graduate Program or College Diploma in Marketing or Business is preferred.
- 7+ years of food service marketing or retail marketing experience.
- Agency experience also preferable.
- Experience leading cross functional teams.
- Budgeting and business planning
- Ability to follow a proper creative and media brief protocol
- Planning and execution of events
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong project management, time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage own workload while multi-tasking in order to meet deadlines in a fast-changing environment.
- Highly energetic team player with a strong attention to detail and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively within the Marketing team and cross-functionally with other groups.
- Analytical thinking, both from a customer experience and business results perspective.
- Bilingual communication skills (French & English) would be considered an asset.
**Candidates are encouraged to review the Cineplex LP Annual Reports or visit www.cineplex.com to learn more about the company **
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please