The OEC Group, a leading international freight forwarder and logistics provider worldwide, is looking for dynamic, highly motivated individuals who are dedicated to excellence and welcome challenging and rewarding opportunities. We offer excellent benefits, opportunities for growth within the company and salary commensurate with experience. OEC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our Toronto office located in Mississauga, On. is actively seeking to fill the Senior Ocean Import Coordinator role.
Working under the direction of the General Manager, the Senior Ocean Import Coordinator has the following main responsibilities:
- Handle ocean import freight files
- Arrange and plan shipment delivery
- Verify OBL & payment requirements prior to shipment release
- Read, monitor and respond promptly to all incoming communications (clients and other business partners – domestic and overseas) in order to properly manage and control daily operational issues
- Verify bookings and get appropriate approvals before relaying information overseas
- Booking of cargo with transport companies
- Guaranteeing and billing of storage / demurrage for approved accounts
- Responsible to ensure the approval of supplier’s invoices and verifying overseas affiliate’s remittance on a timely basis
- Responsible for resolving in a diligent and business efficient manner customer complaints and implement measures to prevent their frequency and recurrence
- Responsible to resolve internal and operation problems on a diligent and business efficient manner in order to prevent service deficiencies and/or customers’ dissatisfaction
- Improve on an ongoing basis internal systems and procedures in order to favor customer service and department internal efficiency
- Other tasks and duties assigned from time to time by the General Manager
- Minimum five years of experience in a similar position with an International Freight Forwarding organization
- Certification or diploma in a related field of studies
- Strong people skills
- Good communication skills and customer service oriented
- Ability to set priorities and organize workload assigned in an efficient manner
- Good computer skills
- Able to work under pressure
Please send a resume and cover letter. Please do not call.