ARE YOU A SENIOR PAYROLL SPECIALIST SEEKING A NEW OPPORTUNITY? Our client is looking for an experienced professional to join their team.
Senior Payroll Specialist
About the Opportunity
- Accurately review and process payroll in accordance with company and regulatory requirements for 500+ employees across 8 legal entities in Canada and US (hourly and salaried, and with multiple collective agreements)
- Process manual and off-cycle pays as required, terminations (ROE’s and vacation pays)
- Process various regulatory reporting, including ROEs, WSIB remittances, wage garnishments, employment verification requests and new hiring reports
- Process and oversee year end reporting and tax form (T4, RL1, W-2, etc.)
- Process special payrolls including benefit and year end adjustments
- Process new hires, terminations and employee changes in according to company’s policy and regulation
- Assist with employee benefits and administration as necessary
- Verify completed payrolls and review reports for accuracy and completeness before distribution
- Responsible for the coordination efforts between Finance and HR teams to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data
- Record and maintain employee payroll information accurately; ensure proper authorization and adherence to company policies including compliance with federal/state/local regulations for any changes to be made to employee records
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Accounting or Finance is an asset
- PCP or CPM enrolment or designation is preferred
- Minimum of 4+ years of full cycle payroll experience in a computerized payroll environment
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #20936.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its three divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing and Lannick Technology. Lannick places more than 1,000 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more at www.lannick.com.
Better jobs. Better people. Better fit