Avocette Technologies currently has contract and permanent opportunities for Project Managers to work with our clients within the Greater Vancouver area. Please note, both Avocette Technologies and our client will not cover relocation costs.
We work with a wide range of clients including government and crown corporations, community services agencies, healthcare providers, and professional services organizations.
- Manage various projects through all phases.
- Work with customers and partners to determine requirements.
- Manage project scheduling, forecasting, budgeting and cost reporting.
- Ensure on-time delivery including requirements, design, code and systems integration testing.
- Ensure all project communications and change management needs are addressed
- Lead project issues, risk and conflict resolution.
- Lead team meetings and assist with chairing executive meetings, as required
- Generate status reports consistent with protocol
- Working effectively with executive level resources
Skills and Experience:
- Fantastic analytical, planning, and project management skills with demonstrated expertise in all phases of projects, including pursuit process, contract negotiation, requirements definition, detailed design and planning, effective implementation practices, integration, acceptance testing and closeout with the customer.
- Excellent customer relationship skills with the ability to manage customer expectations and resolve ambiguities
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to motivate, make decisions and solve problems creatively
- Interface with partners and in-house development teams in order to drive direction of product
- Ability to balance budget and schedule, scope control, risk management, and change management
- Comfortable multi-tasking in an aggressive, leading-edge technology environment with demonstrated flexibility and ability to deal with multiple priorities, working independently and as an innovative team player
- Proficient in reporting internally on project status and progress, as well as externally with the customer
- Project Management experiences in a large corporate environment, with focus on delivering the business objectives
- Broad based information systems experience at operational, management and planning levels, conversant with information systems, technology platforms and trends, information resource knowledge of project management methodology and techniques with ability to lead a multi member project team.
- Familiarity with mainframe development, client/server development methodology to an extent that this knowledge will mentor staff in problem analysis and system design discussions.
- Ability to function as a team member and decision-maker in the appropriate circumstances.
- Working understanding of financial analysis and principles of project cost estimating analysis
- High-level oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and negotiating ability.
- Business Process Reengineering
- DevOps experience
- Scrum experience
Education and Certification:
- Bachelor of Business and/or MBA (Business) or related degree and 5+ years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- PMP Preferred but not mandatory
If you feel that you meet all of the above requirements, please apply to this posting directly in the strictest of confidence or apply on our website at www.avocette.com. Please note that, due to overwhelming response, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
About Avocette Technologies Inc.:
Since 1977, Avocette Technologies Inc., formerly TP Systems has earned our clients' trust by helping them improve performance through innovative and cost-effective software, outsourcing, and IT staffing solutions. We work with a wide range of clients including government, community services agencies, healthcare providers, and professional services organizations. This experience, combined with our comprehensive capabilities enables Avocette to be responsive to diverse client needs. Large enough to get the job done right, yet small enough to be responsive, Avocette is valued by clients for our ability to consistently deliver outstanding results. Visit www.avocette.com for other exciting career opportunities.