Sulzer Pumps (Canada) Inc.
Pumps Equipment, a division of Sulzer Ltd, is a global leader in the development and supply of pumping solutions and related equipment to its key markets oil and gas, power, and water. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment where diversity is valued as a key driver for success.
To learn more about Sulzer, visit our website at www.sulzer.com
Sulzer Burnaby is seeking an experienced Shop Superintendent to oversee operations at our manufacturing facility. You will ensure on-time and accurate completion of production activities under the direction of the general manager. Responsibilities include meeting the priorities and schedules for all shifts in conjunction with the production schedule. Your ability to coordinate with other departments within the company to assist and facilitate resolution of manufacturing issues is a must.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of the manufacturing shop
- Work in conjunction with the operations and production
- Develop and implement plans to efficiently use materials, labour and equipment to meet production targets
- Plan and manage the establishment of departmental budget
- Be aware of production schedules and inventory levels of raw materials and finished products
- Plan and implement changes to machinery and equipment, production systems and methods of work
- Direct quality control inspection system and develop production reporting procedures
- Develop equipment maintenance schedules and recommend the replacement of machines
- Hire, supervise and train or oversee training of employees in the use of new equipment or production techniques
- Assigns work to shop members and assists via providing direction as needed
- Performs personnel management functions: i.e. performance appraisals, time card review, guidance and development of coworkers
- Facilitates compliance with safety programs within the department
- Proven leadership and supervisory capabilities
- Minimum five to seven years experience working in the pump industry.
- Mechanical education background or aptitude
- Must have strong people skills and be able to lead in a team environment
- Must be capable of understanding, writing, and applying procedural based work processes
- Must have excellent understanding of customer focused, service based business
- Preferred Red Seal certification in relevant trade
- Must have good communication skills with strong organizational ability and detail orientation
- SAP or other ERP experience beneficial
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications
We offer competitive wages, with extended health benefits inclusive of dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits. Membership in the group pension plan is extended following one year of service. If you are interested in this opportunity with Sulzer, apply today through our careers page, and reference Requisition #48785.