You will be using numerical analysis software, such as Matlab/Simulink, to simulate physics-based models and develop prototype algorithms. These intelligent algorithms will be used innext generation systems to optimize drilling penetration rate and efficiency, detect and mitigate downhole impairments, and enable the automation of land-based, well construction systems. You may also be involved in commercial implementation of these algorithms using traditional programming languages such as Python, Java and C++.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design signal processing algorithms and test their performance using historical sensor data.
- Design control algorithms which optimize efficiency and maximize rate of penetration (ROP) of the oil well drilling process.
- Create physical and black-box models of the drilling process and improve model accuracy by reviewing academic literature and performing characterization studies.
- Develop closed-loop simulations to verify robustness and performance of control algorithms.
- Evaluate algorithm performance by analyzing field trial results in a statistical manner.
- Develop numerical analysis programs which import large volumes of sensor dataand extract meaningful insights using machine learning and data visualization techniques.
- Summarize theoretical, simulation, and field results by performing presentations for internal/external customers and at industry conferences.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience using Matlab/Simulink, and R.
- Implementation of real-time algorithms.
- Experience with developing mathematical and simulation models of electrical, mechanical, or hydraulic processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to write concise technical documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to present ideas in a clear and impactful manner.
- Familiarity with coding languages, such as Python, Java and C++, would be an asset.
- Familiarity with the drilling industry would be an asset.
If this sounds like Your Pason, and you are seeking a dynamic work environment where you will join a talented group of imaginative and creative people, then we would like to hear from you. We invite you to (https://recruiting.ultipro.ca/PAS5000PASON/JobBoard/ListJobs.aspx?_VT=ExtCan) to apply. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted