BlackShire.com is focused on staffing intermediate, senior and executive positions within growing technology companies, engineering firms and manufacturing operations. We have been engaged to recruit an employee for this successful growing software development company. They are focused on cross-platform enterprise development for both desktop clients and mobile app’s. This role will be the technical team lead for QA Automation for testing functional, regression testing and performance testing, using open source tools and developing some custom testing scripts when necessary. You will play a hands-on role in the training and mentoring of CO-OP and Junior staff QA/Testing staff. Located in the heart of Vancouver and 100 feet from a Skytrain station and lots of local amenities, shopping and restaurants close by… Successful company that has been in business for over 10 years and growing steadily. Strong positive collaborative corporate culture that has regular company events.
• Lead testing on all Windows and Android applications.
• Develop and maintain automated testing applications including: functional, regression and performance testing.
• Experience with any of the following would be great or at least a willingness to learn… (Cucumber, Calabash, SpecFlow, CodedUI).
• Use Jira to track and manage software defects.
• Maintaining a continuous automated testing environment.
• Participate in code reviews and discuss results, issues and risk management through the entire SDLC.
• Leading, mentoring and directing Co-Op students or junior staff.
Skill Requirements and Experience
• Bachelor of Computer Science or comparable experience.
• Experience with OOP using C# or Java or Ruby or some other OO language.
• Experience developing and executing test plans and test cases.
• Experience testing both desktop and mobile applications.
• Broad experience with a variety of test automation tools and processes…
• Any experience with Xamarin would be a big asset…
• Experience with document management solutions would be a big asset, O365 or SharePoint or drop box or goggle docs.
• Must have excellent English communication skills.
Candidates with Canadian Citizenship or Canadian Permanent Residency status are preferred.
Relocation assistance is not available.
This is a full-time employee position, Contractors will not be considered at this time.
All applications are treated confidentially. We will not disclose your name or send your resume to any client without first discussing the opportunity with you.
No fee will be charged to any individual seeking or obtaining employment through our company.