Our client is seeking a Solution Architect resource with a broad based background of technical experience to be part of the Solutions & Architecture team. The resource will have a minimum 10 years of recent and practical IT experience, including several years working as part of an architecture team, and have a broad and solid understanding of architecture principles, solutions design, and IT trends.
Must Have Primary Skills :
Experience leading solution selection, design and implementation as part of a project team.
Experience as a solution architect on 3 or more projects from selection to implementation.
Practical experience communicating technical concepts to the business and project teams.
Experience working closely with business to solve technical and process problems.
Experience working in a utility or engineering industry.
North American job experience.
Nice To Have Secondary Skills :
- Experience with agile project management methodologies
- Leading solution evaluation and assuming a technical leadership role as part of the core team on PDO projects, acting as the representative for Information Systems.
- Ensuring solutions are in alignment with enterprise strategies and focused on business outcomes.
- Developing non-functional and technical specifications for solution RFP documents.
- Ensuring solutions and services are successfully and sustainably delivered into operations.
- Providing assistance and mentorship as required.
- Actively contributing to architecture boards and continued improvement of our practice.
- Overseeing the activities of technical resources to deliver solutions