Co-op Wine Spirits Beer is seeking a Sommelier Coordinator for a challenging career opportunity in a thriving business that is continuing to grow and expand with the opening of new locations. The Sommelier Coordinator will converse and work closely with the Sommelier Manager. You will be hosting events, provide product knowledge training, participate in team meetings, private locker programs, etc.
Locally owned and operated, Co-op Wine Spirits Beer operates 25 liquor stores in the Calgary, Airdrie, Okotoks, High River and Strathmore areas. We are a division of Calgary Co-operative Association Limited, one of the largest retail co-operatives in North America with over 440,000 members, 3,700+ employees, assets of 486 million and annual sales of over $1.1 billion.
Reporting to the Sommelier Manager you will be working with the Wine Spirits & Beer team in one of our new large format Wine Spirits & Beer stores. This role will be responsible to assist in driving wine sales initiatives by using in-house materials and programming; creating valued relationships with customers resulting in loyalty; training and development of wine knowledge for both team members and customers who visit our stores and tasting centres; assist with creating a must stop Wine Spirits & Beer destination for customers through our points of differentiation in the marketplace and our distinct competitive advantages.
What skills and abilities will you need to be considered?
- WSET diploma-level 4 or ISG Sommelier diploma or CMS Certified Sommelier (Court of Master Sommelier)
- Three (3) years' experience in the liquor industry
- Experience with product selection and creating a well rounded assortment of wine
- Experience hosting public tasting events both formal and informal
- Experience teaching structured wine seminars from entry level to advanced students, e.g. ISG, WSET, CMS
- Pro-serve training
What skills and abilities will set you apart from others?
- Working knowledge of AGLC(Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commision) rules and regulations, including but not limited to rules and regulations as it pertains to the sevice of alcohol in Alberta
- Experience in creation of content for Digital/Social Media Campaigns
- Experience with Social Media outlets and etiquette
- Writing Articles
- Public Speaking
Co-op Wine Spirits & Beer has excellent opportunities for increasing levels of responsibility, personal growth and and direction. We offer competitive wages and a full range of training programs as well as other development resources.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.