The primary responsibilities of a Sourcing Coordinator are to:-
Assist the Company Sourcing Manager to handle the sourcing needs of the Company/ Brand. This involves supporting the Buying Team to achieve their objective on price, punctuality and quality of merchandise.
Generation and Consolidation of Various Tracking & MIS Reports within given targets/deadlines.
The position reports directly to the Sourcing Manager and will take guidance and support from Bootlegger/Comark Sourcing.
Create T&A Calendar for each season which links into the WIP (Work in progress) reports for Buying Team.
- Work closely with Vendors and establish a system of getting Weekly WIP Reports.
- Review WIP Reports on a daily basis and ensure all stakeholders are on schedule through pro-active anticipation and by preventive steps taken in line with our time & action calendar.
- Work in partnership with the Buying team for product development by ensuring timely hand off of styles to the technical team to enable correct negotiation of costs at the initial stages and prompt submission of proto samples.
- Generate & Update the Vendor Allocation Summary Reports seasonally.
- Update the Current & Potential Vendor base report periodically.
- Maintain records of costs in the prescribed format – Ensure cost sheets are updated on a daily basis through close coordination with buying team.
- Work with Technical department to ensure best practices are in place for sample fitting and comments are sent on a timely manner.
- Create Capacity plans and Production tracking for each vendor.
- Works in co-ordination with the QA team to ensure the integrity of the vendor and/or the product is in conformance with our Vendor Manual.
- Review and update of the Vendor manual periodically and in consultation with other divisions for consistency on process.
- Resolve any operational and/ or post shipment disputes efficiently & professionally always maintaining the Company’s credibility with our partners.
- Understanding and working with different systems that the company uses in the course of its business ( STS/ PLM etc)
- The candidate must have a university degree or an industry related diploma.
- He/She should have a minimum of 5 years experience in Apparel manufacturing and international sourcing/ procurement.
- Must have experience with overseas vendors/ partners for development and production of merchandise.Must have knowledge of international trade policies/ practices specific to apparel – specifically the export/ import policies and financial terms in such transac