PURPOSE OF JOB
Accountable for driving volume and profitability by achieving financial and non-financial business results. Responsible to develop and promote the business plan and vision in connection with the divisional and company objectives. Responsible for instilling company values in others through modeling, coaching and providing high quality instruction. Grows the business by fostering a culture of ongoing learning, leveraging and developing talent. Accountable for succession planning and performance management processes in the production centre.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
VOLUME AND PROFIT MANAGEMENT:
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
Conditions of the work environment are such that minor stress and physical discomfort may occur.
· This position will be based in a production centre environment and will require extended periods of standing.
· You will be exposed to moderately disagreeable levels of noise generated by the operation of production equipment.·
· 5-7 years experience in the graphic communication and printing industry with a specific background print production with clear management experience.
· Understands steps involved in the printing process
· Working knowledge of relevant platforms; preflight and industry software, file specifications and standards, desktop publishing terminology, file naming conventions.
· Knowledge of database systems and workflow management programs.
· Basic colour theory (models and space), calibration procedures, colour profiles, colour gamut of devices, and colour management devices.
· Knowledge of internal and external network environment, operating systems, file types and extensions, software and hardware components of a prepress operation, file transfer (FTP, HTTP) protocols.
· College or Technical School Diploma in Print Production preferred.