We, The North West Company (NWC), are hiring a Supervisor, Meat for our meat department in our Northern and NorthMart stores.
Ready to embrace your direction? Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture. You must be able to re-locate to remote regions in Northern Canada. You receive benefits such as subsidized housing and food allowance, paid vacation travel, bonus and profit sharing opportunities, ability to bank what you earn and more! We even have, and encourage, employment opportunities for spouses.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information. Go North.
- Supervise day-to-day operations of your department;
- Partner with management to set goals and targets;
- Promote culture and policies with colleagues;
- Maximize sales’ opportunities and ensure fantastic customer service;
- Partner with management to oversee coordination and execution of services;
- Understand and communicate promotional items and services; and
- Depending on your department, your responsibilities range from accountability for handling cash to ensuring cashier coverage.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 1-2 years’ experience in retail and or/an industry relevant to one of the departments previously listed;
- You embrace the idea of keeping an open mind and enjoy learning about and understanding other communities;
- Demonstrate leadership abilities, and highly motivated with a passion to bring our communities products and services to live better;
- Ability to make decisions with integrity and support company objectives and policies; and
- Great communication skills and able to plan, organize, and prioritize tasks to effectively complete daily responsibilities and provide fantastic customer service.
At NWC, we strive to find the right fit for both our candidates and our stores. To fully appreciate the experience of working in one of our northern communities, the perfect candidate has an open mind with a desire to grow professionally, personally, and independently. The hands-on experience our stores provide builds our employees’ skill sets quickly and offers them an opportunity to support themselves financially while profiting culturally. Check out this video now to learn more about our company.
Positions will be advertised externally; however internal candidates will receive first consideration based on qualifications. NWC employees are encouraged to bring forward applications of external candidates that meet the qualifications of this position.
NOTE: If an existing employee is selected for a posted position they will be required to remain in that position a minimum of one year prior to applying for other posted positions unless authorized by their current supervisor. New employees to the company must also remain in their position a minimum of one year prior to applying for posted positions unless authorized by their supervisor.
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.