Modatek Systems is an automotive Tier 1, Tier 2 supplier of modular engine cradle and twist axle assemblies. Our primary technologies include hydro-forming, weld assemblies, machining and E-coat paint systems. We are a growing division of Cosma, Magna International and are conveniently located in Milton, directly off the 401 at Highway#25. Our facility is 570,000 square feet. Your future starts here!
Supplier Quality Engineering is required to work with Purchasing and Engineering in the development and maintenance of new and existing suppliers. This includes all supplier quality related aspects of Production Part Approval Process, prototype, production and engineering changes.
Here is what you will focus on
- Works with Modatek personnel and suppliers on APQP and with cross-functional teams to developing new and existing suppliers to meet critical customer deadlines
- Approves checking fixture designs and final build approval.
- Audits suppliers to IATF16949 requirements and identifies opportunities for improvements
- Follows up on supplier compliance with IATF16949 requirements
- Approves supplier Production Part Approval Process and Run at Rates
- Works in conjunction with the Quality Engineers to review, and approve engineering changes
- Evaluates quality issues utilizing appropriate problem solving techniques
- Monitors supplier non-conformances utilizing the Modatek tracking system. Ensures 8D (PPSR) are submitted in a timely manner and verifies corrective actions resolve the issue.
- Tracks supplier performance monthly
- Ensures suppliers IMDS submission to Modatek, and approves IMDS as required during Engineering Change Notice (ECN) meetings
- Performs statistical studies and reports data as required
- Performs other duties as required
What we are looking for
- Post-secondary graduate with a technical degree/diploma or Certificate in Quality Engineering (CQE)
- Three years of automotive, or similar Supplier Quality engineering experience
- Trained and experienced at performing supplier assessment and audits to IATF 16949 requirements.
- Prior experience with ISO/TS 16949 procedures
- Prior experience with Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) submissions, Geometric Dimensions & Tolerancing (GD&T), Flow Diagrams, FMEA's, Control Plans, Statistics, and fixture development.
- Has the ability to review and approve checking fixture designs and final build buy-off.
- Demonstrated ability to use precision measurement tools (height gauge, vernier, micrometer, bore gauge, indicator, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to conduct root cause analysis using various problem solving techniques
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and plant personnel
- Ability to travel to US and overseas for business meetings and/training
- Ability to work overtime to meet customer needs
What we have to offer
- A great work experience
- You will be provided with up to date training & knowledge
- Employee Profit Sharing Plan
- Group RRSP with employer match
- Educational reimbursement program
- Team Member appreciation events
- A focus on safety, health and wellness; including our "Good for You" cafeteria.