This position will be a 1 year contract to start with possibility of extension. The role will focus on mobile application development for both iOS and Android.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain, develop, and enhance applications – ensure applications are running well and efficiently.
- Produces and maintains program code and documentation.
- Understand, design, build and test business requested changes.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Assess the root cause of issues and recommend changes.
- Performs systems testing with both IT and business customers.
- Prepares documentation and instructions for the execution of application programs.
- Provides time estimates for tasks.
- Work as part of a project team as required.
- Apply quality control standards.
- Gain knowledge of the application environment, interdependencies, and integrations with other systems.
- Follow Systems Development Life Cycle best practices.
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams across the organization.
- Communicate effectively with your team, team manager and business customers.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- A Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- 5 or more years of progressive experience with mobile application development for both iOS and Android using technologies that include Swift, Objective C, Rest Webservices, Java.
- Experience with Android Studio using SOAP UI, GIT, and integrating with cloud services.
- Proficiency with xCode and auto contracts, Swift to Objective C bridging, the manual embedding of external libraries, and handling navigation manually.
- Experience with JSON parsing and understanding of navigation flow between Activities and Fragments an asset.
- Exceptional consultation skills are critical, with the ability to convey technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences and contribute within a team environment.
- Exceptional planning, organizational, analytical, problem-solving and consultation skills are a must.
- Exemplary impersonal, verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Demonstrated project leadership expertise would be highly beneficial.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, please apply online at www.ab.bluecross.ca.