We are excited to share an exciting announcement: Acrodex Inc. will officially rebrand as PCM Canada, a subsidiary of PCM Inc. Backed by PCM’s extensive North American capabilities and resources, we now take an important step forward with plans to grow our reach across Canada, bolster our service catalog, and improve delivery efficiencies. PCM Canada customers stand to benefit from deepened relationships with vendors and from a strategic partnership with sister company, Stratiform.
Working at PCM Canada
PCM Canada supports clients in reaching their business goals. PCM Canada is an exciting and rewarding place to work for both IT and business professionals. We strive to provide the highest standard of service, while leveraging the latest technology. The deep, long-lasting relationships with our loyal clients are a testament to our award-winning and industry recognized people and processes.
Here at PCM Canada, we've built an environment that is fast-paced and dynamic; constantly evolving to the changing technology industry. Our innovative approach promotes consistent growth and expansion that have created numerous career and advancement opportunities. This is echoed in our all of our internal practices as PCM Canada provides its employees with the latest training, programs and devices needed to complete their jobs to the best of their abilities.
Kick-start your IT career by joining our PCM family
PCM Canada has delivered the right technology to clients for over 30 years. Over the decades, PCM Canada has partnered with top technology brands like Apple, HP, Dell, Microsoft and Cisco to offer our customers the best IT solutions available on the market. This success wouldn't be possible without the dedicated, motivated PCMers that make up our growing family.
We offer a full benefits program which includes Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Short and Long Term Disability, Extended HealthCare (including a Vision Care program), and Dental care. We also follow a comprehensive workplace health and safety program to ensure our employees are given the most comfortable and productive work environment possible.
About the Company
PCM Canada, is a full spectrum, enterprise-wide technology solutions provider that has been in the IT business since 1984. We deliver end-to-end IT solutions to clients across Canada, such as application innovations; systems integration services; hardware and software procurement services; and managed services (computer facilities management, application management, support/help desk and life cycle management services, etc.). With 600 IT professionals and support staff, we deliver quality service from our office locations in Edmonton, Calgary, Fort McMurray, Richmond Hill, Markham, Etobicoke, Winnipeg, and Vancouver.
Reporting to the National Director, Human Resources & Corporate Services, the Talent Management Business Partner will work as a trusted partner providing broad human resources support, in a solutions-oriented manner, to a growing high technology, communications business. There is also a recruitment function to this position and as such the Talent Management Business Partner is accountable for the attraction and recruitment of competent and qualified candidates in order to fill position vacancies in a timely, efficient and professional manner. This position will be responsible for providing guidance and counsel to all levels of the organization in a combined Recruitment and Business Partner role.
- Accountable for the day to day human resources generalist responsibilities in the areas of talent management including performance, compensation, employee relations, measures/reporting recruitment, training and development, etc.
- Maintains strong internal working relationships with departments requiring staffing action, providing professional advice and expertise on a variety of staffing issues.
- Develops a pro-active approach to attracting and recruiting suitable candidates by assisting business units with fulfilling their workforce plan. This includes assisting business units with the displacement of employees from sites in a timely manner.
- Co-ordinates the interview process including coaching supervisory staff to prepare for the interview, facilitate the interview and notify applicants of results.
- Implement workforce planning model within each business unit with a component of succession planning for critical roles in the organization.
- Assist with the development and implementation of policies and programs to promote employee engagement and positive employee relations.
- Build strong relationships with managers and employees by maintaining a proactive and visible presence. Be the primary point of contact for all HR matters in designated client group.
- Acts as a management coach and business partners to designated client group. Assist managers on performance management, HR policies and retention.
- Provide support, advice and counsel on employment related issues
- Participate in special projects and/or process improvement efforts.
Qualifications (Education/Experience/Skills & Abilities)
- Related Degree with a minimum of 3-5 years Human Resources experience or a combination of related post-secondary education and experience.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize multi-tasks and provide accurate and timely information in an ever changing work environment.
- Ability to facilitate and implement the workforce planning process.
- Demonstrated experience in IT recruitment.
- Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills; approachable, good relationship builder; strong customer service focus; leadership, communication, organizational presentation and planning skills.
- Thorough knowledge of employment and related legislation (e.g. Human Rights Act, Employment Standards Code) and sound human resources practices.
- Commitment to exceptional business ethics with a high degree of professionalism and integrity.
Office environment with computer work. May have extensive periods of sitting, typing and phone use (may include headset). May need to lift up to 10 lbs.
As a condition of employment, this job is subject to the successful completion of the following Pre-employment conditions: Reference Checks, Criminal Background Checks and a Driver’s Abstract if required for the role.
PCM Canada is proud to offer reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please inform us during the application process.