Technical Officer - Simulator Systems Software.
- The successful candidate will be a member of a dynamic team which is responsible for supporting the hardware and software for high fidelity training simulators. Your specific accountabilities will be in the area of Process Software maintenance and upgrades. You will be required to use simulation modelling tools and techniques and a strong understanding of nuclear power plant operation to replicate the performance of the Bruce Power station within the Simulator software environment.
- Design, implement, document and test changes to the existing Simulator modeling software to improve fidelity with regard to station operation, to meet training requirements and to increase the capability of the simulator.
- Design, implement, document and test simulator process software solutions for station equipment or process changes that impact simulator fidelity and training.
- Contribute to high Simulator reliability
- Perform and document simulator validation activities to verify simulator model performance against station performance or against safety report data.
- Upgrade existing simulator models using a variety of modeling technology.
Consistently improve simulator processes and practices to improve quality and efficiency.
- Manage larger simulator modification projects involving multiple simulator disciplines.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of the theory, principles and practices associated with the designated discipline(s), specifically an excellent understanding of the thermodynamic, heat transfer, fluid mechanic, chemical, electrical and nuclear processes that take place in a CANDU power plant, including Fuel Handling Computer skills including the ability to write software using the following languages: Fortran, C, C++ and Perl.
- Experience using the Windows operating system.
- Proven ability to work on projects and debug software in Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Well-developed understanding of real time software modeling techniques.
- Experience using version control software in both small and large software projects is considered an asset.
- Strong project management skills.
- A history of demonstrating strong analytical, problem solving and decision making capability.
- Requires a proficiency in verbal and written communications to prepare reports, proposals, recommendations, and presentations.
- Proven ability to write technical documentation.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- A high degree of initiative, self-motivation, flexibility and the ability to work with minimal guidance in a team environment.
- The successful applicant will possess a four year University degree in Engineering (chemical, electrical, mechanical, physics, etc.) and/or physics, chemistry, science.
- A period of over 6 years and up to and including 8 years is considered necessary to gain the experience required for this role.
- The successful applicant will have a detailed knowledge of CANDU or similar nuclear power plant processes and operations, including Fuel Handling.
- Experience developing and testing process models for training simulators would be preferred.
- Experience using RELAP and other advanced modelling software to develop detailed simulations of CANDU plant processes would be an asset. P. Eng.
- Certification or eligibility for P. Eng Certification is an asset.
Call for Beta users: TeamCronos has launched a new suite of tools on our site to help job seekers improve their search at www.teamcronos.com.  ; When you signup with a profile, a key tool is Tracklet, which helps job seekers to auto-fill applications and track the jobs applied for. You may sign up for free and become a Founding User of these powerful tools at Teamcronos.com.