Breakthru Beverage Canada (BBC) is the leading Sales Broker in the Canadian marketplace representing suppliers such as Diageo, Jackson Family Wines, and Lucas Bols. At BBC, we put a premium on building a strong team culture and we measure success through the daily practice of our Breakthru values. With this foundation in place, we continue to evolve and grow our business using the most effective sales tools to give our people and brands the best opportunity to win in all channels.
As a Territory Manager, you will be responsible for meeting or exceeding pre-determined service expectations while promoting product and fulfilling route management objectives. Through excellent execution you will achieve volume targets, market share, brand equity and grow brand distribution with the right brands in the right accounts in your assigned territory.
Reports To: District Manager
- Plan and execute a daily schedule of calls for assigned territory.
- Maintain and solicit new business by building credible and long-term relationships with ON and OFF premise accounts to increase revenue and volume within route territory.
- Effectively plan on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to meet goals to increase market share, space allocation and customer service while managing assigned budget.
- Service and ensure the marketability of our products through shelf management, display position and frequency, concept selling and price point management.
- Educate staff by administering product tastings and training seminars on priority brand.
- Report on competitive activities within the territory and offer constructive suggestions.
- Prospects, quantifies, and qualifies new accounts to determine potential fit with brand portfolio.
- Work with supplier representatives and members of management in the field to promote sales.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3 or more years’ selling experience in Fast Moving Consumer Goods environment.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking capabilities
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, listening and written
- Demonstrate sound judgment and problem-solving skill
- Excellent Negotiation and Influencing Skills
- Sound knowledge of the sale and marketing of wine & spirit
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Proficient MS Office skills
- Knowledge of Liquor Board Regulations, market trends and competition
- Bi-lingual in French and English