Our Provincial Government client is looking for a COGNOS TRAINER to assist with development of a training plan, develop training materials and deliver training for the new Cognos 11 upgrade for IntelliHealth and Client Profile (CPRO) applications.
This is a 5 months contract with potential for extension. Hourly rate of pay is $37.58 plus 4%.
· IBM support for the current version of IBM Cognos Business Intelligence 10.2.2 will end on April 30, 2018.
· There is a need to upgrade, and align with the current vendor supported version of IBM Cognos BI to enable the HSC BI/BA unit to provide effective support for use of the tool.
· The shared BI infrastructure hosts multiple IBM Cognos 10.2.2 based BI solutions, including IntelliHealth, Client Profile (CPRO BI), and the Oral Health Reporting solution (OHRS BI).
· This initiative will upgrade the existing shared environments from IBM Cognos version 10.2.2 to version 11.0.7, and will migrate existing Cognos packages, complete regression testing, and the remediation of any issues encountered for the three solutions. Supporting activities will also include the update of documentation and training materials, user training and rollout support.
Training support activities for 700+ current IntelliHealth users:
1. Provide support to users during the post-go-live period, including responding to training queries and assisting users in the development of report
Training materials development to transition users to the new upgraded Cognos 11:
1. Develop a training strategy for the upgrade
2. Develop and refine training materials including:
a. eLearning modules for basic and advanced users including “refresher” modules
b. Data related user guides and other supporting training and reference materials
3. Review and update all training materials to ensure they are Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) compliant
4. Deliver live training via Webinars, as required
5. Support ongoing operational transition activities through knowledge transfer of training content, curriculum and deliverables to business operations staff, as required
Examples of deliverables include:
· Training strategy document
· Documented lesson plans
· Training curriculum (e.g. eLearning modules)
· Knowledge transfer document(s) for operational staff
· Business/Technical Knowledge
o Experience delivering in-person and/or webinar training in Cognos BI software (v11), or similar products
o Knowledge and experience with Cognos BI software and products, specifically Cognos Workspace Advanced and Report Studio (v11)
o Experience developing training curriculums, including eLearning module content
o Experience developing training content in eLearning software products (e.g. Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline)
o Experience developing and/or converting content to comply with AODA
· Stakeholder Relationship Management
o Excellent communication and problem-solving skills, exceptional judgement and political acuity
o Demonstrated ability to effectively work with cross-functional project teams and in a highly matrix environment
· Additional Desirable Skills
o Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
o Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools including MS Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio
o Knowledge and understanding of information and key data sources used in the provincial health sector is an asset, but not required.
Interested candidates should apply by sending their resume quoting file COGTRAIN to firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp