Bird Mechanical, a well established company with a reputation for excellence and quality workmanship, requires a truck driver with a DZ License to assist our Project Support Services Team.
The ideal candidate will report the Equipment Manager and responsibilities will include:
- Assist in organizing material and equipment for delivery to various sites.
- Deliver equipment and materials to site through the use of various vehicles such as pick up trucks, 5 ton cube van or a tri-axle boom truck.
- Help clean up job sites and bring equipment back to shop
- Assist the Asset Manager with tracking the movements of tools from job sites.
- Cleaning delivery vehicles on a weekly basis (exterior and interior).
- Assist with the cleaning of the Asset Department, shop space and other company property
- Warehouse duties as required
- Normal working hours Monday-Friday 6am to 2:30pm, subject to change for operational needs.
- Some evenings and weekends as required.
The ideal candidate will posses the following qualities:
- Excellent communication skills, able to read, write and speak English
- Courteous and professional attitude
- Clean Drivers Abstract
- 2-5 years driving experience with larger trucks
- DZ License.
- Strong team orientation
- Forklift training an asset
- Drivers should be knowledgeable in driving within the GTA
- CSA approved safety boots are mandatory
- Ability to complete some heavy lifting as required
- Flexible with hours of work to suit operational needs.