Da-Wa Business Group Inc. dba Dawa Media Group was founded in 2001. Currently the group owns one newspaper: “Dawa Business Press”, one magazine:”China Business, online news center www.Dawanews.com and one TV studio: “Huayu TV” which broadcasts its weekly news forum twice a week on every Friday and Sunday and dealt with heated topics of the week among Chinese community and also launched a Talk Show; besides Huayu TV has initiated HY Net cable TV program in early 2008 to better serve Chinese worldwide. The group is currently looking for a Vice President Planning and Development, Broadcasting.
- POSITION: Vice President Planning and Development, BROADCASTING
- SALARY: $65,000 per annum
- WORK LOCATION: 105-8828 Heather St. Vancouver BC, V6P 3S8
- JOB TYPE: FULL-TIME, PERMANENT AND INDETERMINATE
- HOURS: 40 HOURS PER WEEK WITH FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and oversee all aspects of the broadcast operations in accordance with the company/station’s mission, goals, and objectives.
- Develop and implement department procedures and productivity standards and reinforce company policies.
- Responsible for hiring, supervising, mentoring, motivating a team of broadcast professionals.
- Coordinate all programming and production resources of the station for maximum impact and effectiveness.
- Manage the development and oversight of production staff and programs, keeping abreast of the broadcasting industry trends and other requirements.
- Represent the station in negotiations with customers, suppliers, and other key contacts in matters relative to broadcasting operations.
- Work closely with management and Senior Editor to finalize material for various media platform in Da-Wa Business Group.
- Develop ties and cooperative efforts with China’s TV stations and studios to introduce overseas channels and programs.
- Administer and monitor various broadcasting budgets and oversees expenditures
- Attend meetings concerning the continued development of Huiyun station.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum college diploma in Journalism or Business Management, or Communications, or related field is required
- Five+ years experience in the broadcasting industry with at least three years in a senior position.
- Superior organization, project management skills and attention to detail
- High level of commitment to quality work product and organizational ethics, integrity and compliance
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, team environment
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some nights, weekends, and holidays.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp. No phone calls please. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.