Max Electric & Fire Protection Ltd. was established in 2007 as an electrical, fire protection, BAS and security contract company. Max Electric handles commercial, industrial and residential projects, in both the private and government sectors, and our clientele includes many of the best-known names in Canada. Our focus is on integrated “smart” solutions wherein we can integrate the full building system requirements for our clients.
Work location: 9030 Leslie St., Unit 8, Richmond Hill, ON L4B 1G2
Job Status: Full-time, permanent
Working hours per week: 37.50
Position: Vice President
Primary Purpose of Position
Max Electric & Fire Protection Ltd. is seeking a well-qualified Vice President to plan, implement, and monitor Max Electric’s long-term growth, in particular for the electrical and building automation systems (BAS) sectors. The Vice President will work alongside the President/Owner to manage Max Electric’s expansion into the BAS sector using primarily Chinese-based technologies, while introducing new automation technology and products from China to the company’s existing lineup. Due to the highly technical nature of this industry, the ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of electrical or electronic engineering, project management skills, and relevant industry experience and knowledge. As Max Electric is shifting most of its supplier and partner network to China, a deep understanding of the electrical and BAS technologies on offer from China is a requisite.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, implement, and monitor long-term growth strategies for Max Electric’s relevant industry sectors, taking into account the company’s mission and sales goals;
- Lead and oversee Max Electric’s planned expansion into the BAS sector using Chinese technology and internal resources;
- Propose new automation technology and products to add to existing lineup, especially from China;
- Hire, supervise, coordinate and evaluate the internal departments and staff;
- Analyze and improve the company’s operational policies and standards to ensure efficiency;
- Develop, manage, and track budgets and forecasts;
- Effectively manage the daily operations of Max Electric’s multiple project areas, including electrical, security, fire protection, and BAS;
- Work closely with the company’s purchasing department to ensure materials, components, and systems purchased from China are usable and scalable for local clients;
- Bring over the latest BAS technological innovations from China to Canada and train engineering/electrical staff on implementation;
- Build and maintain the necessary internal and external resources for Max Electric to succeed in the BAS sector, especially with technology providers and partners in China;
- Ensure BAS technology brought over from China is usable and scalable for the local Canadian market and assist in promoting these technologies to our clients;
- Consistently maintain awareness of the competitive landscape for the electrical and BAS sectors to identify possible new opportunities;
- Identify new business opportunities, formulate strategies and represent Max Electric to participate in new business opportunities;
- Liaise with high priority customers as needed;
- Provide direction and support to Max Electric’s staff to ensure the greatest efficiency and minimize expansion risk.
- Postgraduate degree in electrical systems, BAS, or other relevant field;
- 10+ years of management experience in the electrical and BAS industries;
- Technical knowledge of CSA- and UL-certified electrical/electronic/BAS components, materials, wiring, integrated systems, and control devices, specifically BAS data collection, analysis, and control terminals, BAS master stations, and BAS-related sensors (CO2, CO, temperature, system flow, gas flow, BTU);
- Strong understanding of the electrical and BAS industries, familiar with the industries’ latest innovations, technology, and products;
- Understanding of the implementation of developed and emerging Chinese BAS technology to the market;
- Ability to lead, manage, and significantly grow a company in the electrical and BAS sector using primarily Chinese-developed technology;
- Excellent initiative and communication skills, able to successfully acquire and maintain integral internal and external resource networks, especially in China;
- As the ideal VP will need to maintain a constant grasp on the latest technological developments in BAS technology from China and liaise with Chinese electrical and BAS innovators and partners, the ability to communicate in spoken and written Mandarin Chinese is a must.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume in person, by fax, or by email (preferred).
Mail: 9030 Leslie St., Unit 8
Richmond Hill, ON L4B 1G2
Email: maxelectricalhr [at] gmail.com
Thank you for your interest in Max Electric & Fire Protection Ltd.