Our client in Aurora, Ontario is one of the leading contract and development manufacturers in the world. At this time, they are looking to hire a Warehouse Technician to work on a three-shift rotation (rotates every two weeks). To attract top talent, they are offering a competitive compensation package and a place where you can develop and grow yourself into a more senior role.
• Assist with waste management procedures through sorting waste, removing waste to designated areas, preparing solid waste containers for shipping and monitoring the removal of liquid waste from the facility, and completing waste related documentation (e.g. batch sheet, manifest) according to internal procedures and applicable legislation (e.g. Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act)
• Receive raw materials, product contact and engineering materials into the computer database
• Sample materials and products by reviewing and preparing documentation, preparing the sampling and protective equipment, obtaining the sample and submitting to the Lab Services testing function under the direction of more senior technicians
• Clean sampling tools and dispose of residual waste from sampling operation
• Apply labels and lot numbers to identify materials for production and complete applicable documentation
• Verify, receive, unpack and distribute general deliveries to designated locations
• Issue batches to production by reviewing control and material safety data sheets, selecting + weighing + staging the required raw materials, intermediates and final products, and completing the batch sheet documentation under the direction of more senior technicians
• Monitor stock by checking storage areas and ensuring containers are in good condition, properly stored and rotated according to the First to expire principle
• Perform and document inventory cycle counts of materials and products as part of the material management function
• Cleaning activities such as washing the warehouse floor and wiping pallets. Document in cleaning log.
• Contribute to administrative tasks such as completing equipment and personal protective equipment inspections, temperature recordings and completing report documentation
• Participates in opportunities to develop industry relevant warehousing knowledge
• Ability to lift 25 Kg
• Secondary school diploma
• Experience within the pharmaceutical or fine chemical industry
• Experience driving forklifts and knowledge of using drum clamps
Contact and Resume Submission
If you feel you are an excellent candidate and have the required skills and experience indicated above, please send your attached resume and any important details to HCR Permanent Search, care of the Recruitment Consultant listed below.
Only qualified candidates who are local to the Aurora area and can work in Canada without restriction will be contacted. Please ensure that you indicate the name of the position you are applying for in the subject heading. Thank you for your interest.