Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for training and career growth.
This position is responsible for business development, which includes prospecting, selling and retaining corporate business in the 35-1000 life market through benefit advisors in Northern Alberta, including Edmonton and the surrounding area. The objective of the Account Executive is to ensure that the new business, retention and profitability targets are met or exceeded and that the business is financially viable, administratively feasible, and enhances the overall customer experience.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
New business development including the following:
- Quickly create a level of trust in internal and external interchange, which include company values and behaviors with all advisors, clients and prospects while keeping promises in delivering strong results.
- Review of specifications from benefit advisors ensuring the information is complete, comprehensive and meets our underwriting and administration requirements.
- Communicate what can be done for the client/prospect/advisor and why they should work with Alberta Blue Cross.
- Assist with the follow-up of corporate account quotes and proposals and determine the competitiveness in the group insurance market.
- Assist in the enrolment and installation of new business.
- Present renewals to the assigned book of business, ensuring that the cost of doing business is on a viable basis.
- Lead sales, administrative and educational presentations to benefit advisors and plan sponsors.
- Assist management in advertising and marketing campaigns.
- Work with all group business units on issues relating to administration of the corporate account book of business.
- Achieve and maintain a thorough knowledge of the suite of products and services.
- Work with the assigned client care specialist to ensure an effective, high level of scheduled service to all corporate accounts.
- Develop and maintain a corporate account sales tracking and prospect file.
- Develop and strengthens relationships with assigned benefits advisors.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- Focused and self-motivated on all targets and goals.
- Strong organizational, communication and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrate professionalism and excellence in sales ability and presentation skills.
- Very strong industry experience and knowledge, including underwriting, trends and marketplace drivers.
- Strong interpersonal skills to liaise with benefit advisors, underwriters, and the sales and service team demonstrating sensitivity to team, department and individual needs.
- Should possess a Group Benefits Associate (GBA) or higher designation, such as CEBS.
- Must be a continuous learner with a desire to get better by enrolling in continuing educational courses, i.e. CEBS, industry related conferences, seminars as required.
- Life, Accident, and Sickness licensing is required.
Alberta Blue Cross is an inclusive employer committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We empower and are advocates for our employees by welcoming, respecting and valuing their unique perspectives, backgrounds and experiences.
We offer a competitive salary, commissions and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until October 15, 2020. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca