Account / Project Manager
Our client, an established privately-owned firm that designs and fabricates trade show displays, is actively looking for an Account / Project Manager to join their growing team on a permanent basis. In this role you will be responsible for managing and growing client accounts and their trade shows/events. The ideal candidate will have a background in display booth construction, managing multiple client relationships and sales/lead generation.
- Manage the exhibit sales & design process; includes developing and nurturing client relationships, addressing new enquiries, creating and sending proposals, and following up with clients.
- Perform all aspects of customer service and sales support
- Manage client projects from inception to completion ensuring fabrication, graphics, logistics, installation and show services meet project deadlines and client objectives
- Create and ensure the team adheres to work back schedules and timelines are key
- Create estimates and final costings for shows and new build projects
- Work closely with all in-house design & production teams and suppliers by requesting information, following up and providing updates to the team to complete projects, identify the critical path for the successful fabrication of all custom elements.
- Partner with and support other Account Managers and Project Coordinators to ensure all clients’ events are executed successfully while providing exceptional customer experience.
- Possess the ability to work independently, as a team lead, or as a team player as required
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Keep up to date on new opportunities, suppliers, industry trends/news
- Able to travel to client’s offices for meetings, with possible site visits on evenings & weekends to meet with clients
- University or College degree
- 5 + years of experience in exhibits, display or trade shows – specifically in an Account Management or Project Management role
- Customer service oriented
- Has managed the exhibit design, estimating, fabrication and graphic production process
- Experience with Octanorm is a plus
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving & analytical skills
- Ability to work and thrive in a collaborative, multi-tasked environment while efficiently managing their own time to achieve predefined goals
- Ability to work to strict timelines is organized and detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A professional phone manner along with strong presentation skills are required
- Professional, “get it done” attitude
- Experience with project management or production scheduling software (Smartsheet)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including the ability to prepare presentations
- Demonstrates growth through skills training & professional development
Please send all resumes to
Modern Technical Staffing
905-477-3315 ext 307