This accounting position provides support to the Finance department in a variety of areas of responsibility. This includes account reconciliations, analysis and preparation of journal entries; preparation of internal and external financial statements; preparation and remittance of a variety of governmental and non-governmental reports; as well as general accounting duties including special projects and reports. This position will perform reviews and analysis that require working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, selected CRA rules and regulations, high degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reconciles and analyzes balance sheet and income statement accounts including preparation of associated journal entries and working papers with minimal direction.
- Prepares divisional and organizational financial statements or reports
- Compiles, analyzes and interprets a variety of financial and transactional information to review and improve business and accounting processes as well as system setup.
- Prepares working papers and other associated documents for yearend and various audit requirements.
- Reviews and verifies accounting entries and adjustments to help maintain the integrity of accounting and reporting systems.
- Develops and produces routine and ad hoc management information reports for a varied audience.
- Provides a variety of business support, project assistance and analysis for the Finance department management team.
- Prepares and remits reports to various governmental and non-governmental agencies such as Canada Revenue Agency and BC Provincial Government, Statistics Canada and others as required.
- Assist in the forecasting process, budgeting, and internal audits. Works with the management team to identify and strengthen departmental internal controls and processes.
- Assists other departmental and TRU staff with advice, training, and expertise on the use of the financial systems.
Associate Director, Financial Reporting
- Canadian Professional Accounting Designation (CA, CGA, CMA)
- Five years recent related progressive accounting experience in a computerized environment including experience in developing spreadsheets, financial statements, analytical reports as well as general accounting responsibilities
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE OR ABILITIES RELATED TO THE JOB
- Experience in summarizing, analyzing and interpreting financial data
- Current working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Working knowledge of business and accounting processes
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills.
- Demonstrated skills in planning and innovative problem solving.
- Experience working with computerized accounting systems.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to use various resources to research accounting and/or tax issues
- Ability to cope effectively in an environment of change and fiscal responsibility.
- Sitting at desk and computer for long periods of time; general office conditions.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/3qg8rftjrkvykv95