Hiring an Accountant - North York - $25.00 - $30.00 Per Hour -1 month to Perm
Your new company
Hays Specialist Recruitment has partnered with a Property Management Firm. This will be a 1 month to a permanent position. This candidate will be working out of their North York office. (Keele St and Lawrence Ave W).
Your new role
- Full cycle A/P
- Full cycle A/R
- Input journal entries into YARDI and review coding of invoices to ensure precise posting in general ledger
- Prepare monthly journal entries, A/R adjustments and submit monthly tax reconciliations (HST remittance)
- Collections reporting, statement analysis and reconciliation
- Review and process cheques, management fees, leasing fees and chargeback invoices to tenants
- Monitor banking deposits & daily balances; Prepare cash flow projection and inform the Department Manager & Controller of the cash position (distribution/contribution)
- Prepare and review monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial statements and ensure all monthly reporting deadlines are met.
- Analysis capital & operational costs that incurred and coordinate with yearly budgets
- Prepare and maintain information for year-end audit and reporting, including CAM, utilities and Realty Tax adjustments
- TMI reconciliation
- Job costing within Yardi considered an asset
- Follow up with tenants to ensure timely payment of monthly and outstanding rents
- Other duties as required
What you'll need to succeed
Education and Experience
- Accounting diploma and/or Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Administration/Property Management
- A minimum of 5 years of Property Accounting experience with a focus on Commercial Property (Residential is an asset).
- Working towards accounting designation (CMA, CGA, or finalist) an asset
- Advanced computer skills (Excel & Word) a must
- Systems proficiency with property management software and advanced proficiency with YARDI (process full cycle A/P & A/R in Yardi Voyager 7S)
- A professional demeanor, alongside with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Superb problem solving capacities with the ability to resolve challenging issues independently using good judgement
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, combined with solid experience to multi-task and prioritize under tight and sometimes conflicting timelines
- Self-motivated and result-oriented individual with extraordinary integrity, who is proactive, result-oriented and who can work well in both team and individual level
- Positive attitude to "do things right the first time" and willingness to help create work environment that is built on trust, honesty and respect
What you'll get in return
This position is offering $25.00 - $30.00 Per Hour
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.