The accounting responsibilities include performing full cycle accounting,accounts receivable including collections, accounts payable and inventory accounting.
- Manage all accounting transactions
- Assist in preparing budget forecasts
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Processing credit card payments and collections
- Employee expense processing
- Financial reporting on sales and expenses
- Inventory accounting and product costing
- Bank and account reconciliations
- Comply with financial policies and regulations
Qualifications and requirements
- Work experience as an Accountant
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like QuickBooks and Netsuite
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- BSc in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree
Competencies (in order of importance)
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Self Control — Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Independence - Job requires developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Cooperation - Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Integrity - Job requires being honest and ethical
Lines of communication
- Position reports directly to CFO
- Requires coordination and collaboration with sales reps and customer service
- Full time position
- Good family medical insurance offerred
- May require occasional late sitting
- May require some outer door work and so driving licence would be an advantage