| || |
Accounting Analyst: Securities
Client: Enterprise Insurance
Contract: 1 year
Reporting to the AVP, Securities Accounting, the Senior Financial Analyst is a key member of the Securities Accounting team. This position is responsible for the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of accounting transactions in the SS&C MAXIMIS / SimCrop Dimensions system (the administration and accounting book of record for securities). The incumbent will assist the AVP in providing sound advice to business partners on accounting treatments and procedures in order to maintain the integrity of MAXIMIS, Lawson general ledger and EAGLE data base.
- Assist with UAT of implementation of new Securities AABOR system.
- Ensure accounting treatment for securities are in line with regulatory requirements across multiple accounting bases (e.g. IFRS, USGAAP, Statutory, and Tax).
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of accounting results for the month end, quarter end, and year end close processes.
- Assist with day-to-day operational type functions related to cash/suspense, securities transfers, corporate actions and other general inquiries.
- Collaborate with various business partners such as Trade Operations, Cash Management and Custody Services, Investment Accounting and Reporting, Asset Liability Management, Investment Systems and Corporate Controllers for day-to-day activities as well as on special transactions / projects.
- Work with Controls Center of Excellence (COE) and Internal and External Auditors for SOX walkthroughs, detailed testing, and annual audits. Ensure requests are addressed in a timely manner.
- Perform detail user acceptance testing for system enhancements and ensure any exceptions are properly reported and resolved within a timely manner
- Demonstrate controls and maintain properly documented policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree required in business, accounting or finance.
- Attained or actively pursuing a professional accounting designation (CPA/CA/CMA/CGA)
- 3-5 years of experience in the investment/insurance industry preferably within a securities accounting area.
- Solid understanding of financial accounting standards, insurance and investment management industry.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS/USGAAP/NAIC in relation to investment accounting and reporting would be ideal.
- Attention to detail. Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Expert user of Microsoft Access and Excel. Experience with VBA Macros will be an asset.
- Solid organizational skills, including the ability to effectively plan, prioritize multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships and excellent communication skills.
- Comfortable with challenging the status quo. Flexible and change-oriented attitude that embraces new ideas and ways of working.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.