High Prairie, AB
The Accounting Assistant is responsible to assist in the accounting of financial and statistical information specifically related to general operations, local payroll, accounts payable, and for providing accurate and timely financial and statistical reports. The Accounting Assistant is expected to accumulate and demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide coverage among the teams’ functional roles; Payroll, Accounts Payable & General Accounting.
The Accounting Assistant will also provide administrative and clerical support required by the management team and other departmental staff as required in a highly efficient, accurate and confidential manner. These tasks will include monitoring office supplies, being the first point of contact for visitors & phone calls, and providing support for other administrative areas and/or the accounting team as required.
The incumbent is expected to assist in all functional areas in order to achieve maximum flexibility and support.
- Ideally, the successful candidate will have completed the second level in a recognized accounting program or equivalent work related experience
- Prior knowledge and experience in payroll & labor legislation, accounts payable, woodlands accounting and administrative assistance would be considered assets
- Possess strong organizational, time management and communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills for both internal and external clients
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Detail oriented
- Ability to process transactions accurately and proficiently
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and able to work well within a team environment
- Flexibility to handle frequent interruptions & to meet tight deadlines
- General knowledge in the forestry industry is considered an asset
- Previous experience with accounting software including JD Edwards and Empower is considered an asset
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by our customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
We are committed to the well-being of future generations through responsible operational and environmental performance. This commitment applies to all aspects of our business. We hold third-party certification on the forestlands that we sustainably manage in BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan. And, through our community investment strategy, we strive to play an active and constructive role in the communities where we live and work. Whether we’re providing jobs, volunteering or giving through donations, we work to make our communities stronger and more vibrant through active participation.
When you join Tolko, you’re saying yes to a company that has been built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity they need to build great lives.
We’re more than an industry leader. We’re the place where you succeed as our most valuable resource!
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Diverse opportunities
- An open, innovative culture
- A positive, dynamic work environment
- Technical and leadership training to ensure you work successfully and safely
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
A Career With Tolko Is More Than A Job
It’s pride in what you do. It’s making a difference every single day, working side-by-side with people you respect.
Explore our opportunities, submit your application, and join a company that works for you, your family, and your community!
If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until the position is filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.