Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accounting Assistant is responsible for performing a full range of tasks including Accounts payable coding, journal entries, assist in month end closing, and other tasks as assigned.
1. Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to coding.
2. Send invoices weekly to parent company for payment and scan the rush payment request to Quebec City AP dept.
3. Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
4. Assist with month end closing.
5. Prepare monthly sales report, deferred revenue & other journal entries
6. Daily bank deposit and prepare cash receipts.
7. Account analysis and reconciliation.
8. Compile revenue quarterly by region and by consultant.
9. Assist with year-end procedures by provide supporting documentation to auditors
11. May be required to work on billing
12. Other tasks as assigned from time to time.
Candidate must possess:
- Two to three years of previous related experience in a similar or related position.
- Good judgment and analytical skills in problem solving.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize duties to meet business objectives.
- Must have good computer skills, especially working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and be efficient.
iA Financial Group is committed to fostering a workplace that promotes diversity and inclusion. We can provide accommodation in our recruitment and selection processes to applicants with disabilities where required. Please contact your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.