Seasons Foodmart is a unique supermarket which is keen to provide diversified products and service to meet need of different ethnicities. During the past years of operation, it has proved its success in establishing stable clientele and rapidly growing business.
Fresh Everyday” is its mission to achieve commitment to provide fresh, healthy products for their customers’ daily food consumption at an affordable price. Customer is most valuable asset to the Company. Customer needs are the goal while their satisfaction is success of the Company. The management team and their staff strive to provide customer with highest quality of service.
We are currently searching for a qualified Accounting Bookkeeper to join our team to provide primary day-to-day in-store accounting procedures necessary to meet the company’s financial reporting requirements. To be successful, you will require strong organizational and time management skills for high volume, deadline driven environment, requiring a high level of accuracy and attention to details.
Accounting Bookkeeper （NOC 1311)
We are looking for ONE(1) Accounting Bookkeeper to join us to enlarge our business.
- Post journal entries and reconcile accounts, prepare trial balance of books, maintain general ledgers using accounting software
- Manages and maintains accurate supporting records for all accounting entries
- Issues, collects and verifies cash intake from Cashiers at beginning and end of shift; verifies the change drawer at the counter
- Creates purchase requisitions, reconcile them to suppliers’ invoices and process payments to suppliers/vendors by bank wire transfer or company credit card
- Totals all cheques, cash and credit cards from the previous day
- Manages payroll by preparing tax remittance forms, workers’ compensation forms, pension contribution forms and other government documents
- Balances the safe daily and trouble shoots balance difference
- Makes over and short report for previous day’s sales
- Responsible for cash handling and security in the office area; orders change (coins/bills) delivery as needed
- Maintains current knowledge of office procedures and policies relating to cash reports, register checkups, deposits, etc.
- Keeps office supplies in stock and store files up to date
- Correctly prepares all daily and weekly sales and cash reports
English Mandarin Cantonese
College/CEGEP or equivalent experience in accounting
Minimum 3 years of experience in bookkeeping or accounting related field
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Attention to detail
Organized, Reliability, Effective interpersonal skills
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
Quickbooks or other Accounting software, Electronic mail, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Windows, MS Word, MS Office, MS PowerPoint
Post journal entries, Maintain general ledgers and financial statements, Prepare trial balance of books, Calculate fixed assets and depreciation, Calculate and prepare cheques for payroll, Prepare tax returns, Keep financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems, Reconcile accounts, Prepare other statistical, financial and accounting reports
How to apply
Job reference number