Royal Canadian Steel located at 70 Titan Road, Brampton Ontario urgently require an ACCOUNTING MANAGER with strong leadership & analytical skills and thorough knowledge of all accounting procedures and functions. The successful candidate will report to the Financial Controller and will be responsible for overseeing all financial activities to meet and exceed business objectives.
Job Duties of this position include:
- Plan, organize, direct and control the operations of the accounting department;
- Prepare and coordinate the preparation of financial statement, financial reports and cost-benefit analyses;
- Support internal & external audit requirements;
- Ensure that effective accounting/financial controls and procedures are in place;
- Ensure data integrity through the management of data quality reviews & the implementation of data management processes;
- Manage all tax-related matters (including HST administration);
- Effectively manage all accounting functions including A/P, A/R, revenue accounting, general ledger and information preparation.
- Analyze and ensure accurate collection, preparation and integrity of accounting/financial data including invoices, billings, bad debt, vendor contracts, hold backs, receivables etc.
- Evaluate financial reporting systems, accounting procedures and investment activities and make recommendations for changes to procedures, operating systems, budgets and other financial control functions;
- Remain up-to-date on new accounting procedures;
- Develop, maintain and improve processes, procedures and internal controls.
- Detailed understanding of accounting policies and procedures;.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financial processes and systems.
- International and multi division experience including Foreign Exchange issues;
- Ability to mentor and motivate staff to meet company goals;
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Economics/Commerce;
- CPA or CA degree an asset;
- 3-5 years experience in a managerial role;
Job Type : This is a Permanent, full time position
Salary: $ 50.47 per hour for 30 hours per week.
To be considered for this position please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Strictly no phone calls please.