At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking an Accounting Technician for our growing Assurance and Accounting team. Delivering quality in everything we do, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Our Assurance and Accounting team is committed to providing meaningful and reliable financial information that ensures our clients are always well protected and positioned.
When applying, please submit your resume, cover letter and other applicable forms in one (1) document.
- Assist with compilation, review, audit, bookkeeping and tax engagements
- Prepare and maintain government remittances/filings, accounts receivable, expenses, accounts payable and payroll transactions
- Set-up client files, assist with the completion of budgets and complete administrative planning and other aspects of accounting work
- Perform the month-end and quarter-end close process
- Maintain, monitor and reconcile GL accounts, including but not limited to cash, bank reconciliations, prepaid expenses, accounts receivable, accounts payable, accrued liabilities, intercompany and point of sale (POS)/system uploads
- Identify issues and errors, investigate discrepancies and discuss with managers or engagement partners to develop resolutions
- Communicate with governments regarding information requests, assessments and installments
- Work with accounting software and provide support to clients
- Develop and maintain relationships with client management
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Raise awareness of MNP at community events
- Attend internal MNP courses to further develop your accounting and assurance knowledge
- Successfully obtained an Accounting certificate or a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business Administration (Accounting or Finance major considered an asset)
- Entry level to two (2) years of accounting related experience
- Working knowledge of trial balances, general ledger (GL) databases, financial statement close processes and accounting matters is beneficial
- Experience in preparing T4s and T5s and knowledge of personal and corporate tax is preferred
- Understanding of payroll, bookkeeping and record keeping practices on manual and computerized system(s) is considered an asset
- Experience working with, or exposure to, accounting and tax software such as Caseware, Profile, Quickbooks and Simply Accounting is beneficial
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Some travel may be required
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
- Accuracy – pays close attention to detail and ensures work and information are complete and thorough
- Research & Analysis – questions inconsistencies in information and generates workable solutions by analyzing, gathering and organizing relevant information
MNP encourages a balanced lifestyle and offers benefits that suit the way our team members work and play! In addition to a competitive salary, our MyRewards@MNP package includes paid personal days, wellness program initiatives, health and dental benefits, a group pension plan with matching contribution, firm sponsored social events and professional development assistance.
MNP proudly serves and responds to the needs of our clients in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Through partner-led engagements, we provide a collaborative, cost-effective approach to doing business, with innovative strategies to help organizations succeed across the country and around the world.