PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING:
Please note you will not be considered for this position if you do not have 2 years of Canadian public practice accounting experience. This means you have worked in a Canadian Accounting Firm for 2 years. Please do not apply if you do not have this experience.
Mothana Professional Corporation is a corporate accounting firm located in West Edmonton. Our main clientele are those working in the medical field such as doctors, dentists, and pharmacists. We are seeking a full-time accounting technician to assist our team with completing files, NTR engagements, corporate and personal tax returns, GST returns, payroll, bookkeeper training, file reviews, etc. We are entering our busy season, so the ideal candidate will be prepared to work overtime as well as the occasional weekend when required.
The ideal candidate for this position must have the following competencies:
- At least 2 years or more experience in public practice accounting (working in an accounting firm)
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or diploma or certificate in Accounting
- Must be fully versed in Quickbooks & Quickbooks Online
- Must be fully versed in Profile
- Experience with Notice to Readers is required
- Caseware experience is an asset
- T1 & T2 experience
- Payroll experience
- Advanced English skills in both written and verbal communications are required for this position. This is a must as you will need to communicate with CRA and clients utilizing advance accounting terminology and concepts
- Must have a valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle as we are located in an industrial part of west Edmonton
- File reviewing experience is an asset
- Accounting at a supervisory level is an asset
Wage for this position will be commensurate with experience.
How COVID-19 affects this position:
This position is currently operating in-office. We will continue to closely monitor the ongoing COVID-19 situation. That said, if circumstances change, we will follow the recommendations of our governing bodies. If necessary, we will do our best to accomodate work from home procedures.
All staff work spaces have moved apart to allow for social distancing. In addition, staff are asked to wear face masks, and have been provided with hand santizer and disinfecting supplies to avoid the spread of germs.
Staff members are asked to monitor the health of themselves and those residing with them, and avoid the workplace if they experience any symptoms or have travelled.
Any staff members who experience symptoms, or live with someone who has symptoms, has travelled or live with someone who has travelled, will be asked to self-isolate for 14 days or the timeline recommended by Alberta Health Services.
How our office is operating during COVID-19:
We are putting forth our best efforts to prevent the spread of COVID-19, and have implemented a number of measures to ensure the safety of both our staff and clients. During the day, our office is closed to the public. We are currently taking in-office meetings with clients on an appointment basis. That said, the majority of our meetings are done via phone call or video call during this time. All clients are being strongly advised to opt for digital meetings to avoid unnecessary exposure.
Any clients who opt for in-office meetings will be asked by our reception to sanitize their hands, have their temperature taken, and to wear a mask immediately upon entry.
How candidates will be interviewed:
All interviews will be conducted over the phone or via video conference.