Accounting technicians and bookkeepers:
Rochester Aluminum is a family owned and operated business with over 30 years’ experience in the aluminum smelting industry. We are one of the leading aluminum manufacturer and toll processor. With fully integrated manufacturing facility just north of Toronto, Ontario, spread over an 8 acre property and over 150,000 square feet of manufacturing space, we are capable of producing approximately 10 million pounds of aluminum per month.
Our products include Aluminum for Deoxidizing and Slag Conditioning of Steel, Aluminum Foundry Alloys for the Automotive Industry, Custom Aluminum Alloys and Primary Aluminum Products for Chemical and Specialty Alloy Applications. We are a reliable supplier with an impeccable record for delivering high quality products on time.
Rochester Aluminum is focused on operating a safe and environmentally friendly manufacturing facility. It is our mission to grow and improve this initiative alongside the growth of our business.
At this moment, we are looking for an experienced Financial Bookkeeper to join our team. This exciting opportunity will require the successful candidate to work closely with our different departments in ensuring effective overall bookkeeping procedures.
- Keep and maintain bookkeeping systems;
- Closely monitors the day to day processing of accounts payable establishing and maintaining a schedule that most benefits the Company;
- Ensure company’s financial documents and internal database are up-to-date;
- Ensure determined monthly budget and project costs and projected costs estimates are followed and recorded on all systems;
- Monitor and maintain purchase orders and comparing against expenditures;
- Analyze reports to identify problems and determine appropriate solutions as needed;
- Monitor accrual balances and ensure that month-end entries are completed in a timely and accurate manner;
- Prepare all relevant documents for tax returns and quarterly and year-end reports;
- Closely follow new regulations and laws affecting accounting procedures;
- Work well with all departments to track expenditures and answer relevant financial bookkeeping questions.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Strong financial and operational management skills;
- Good English language skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite;
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy;
- Must be able to work independently
- College Diploma, Bookkeeping, Business Administration, Accounting, Financial Analysis
- 2+ years of experience as Bookkeeper with good experience working in corporate setting;
- Experience working with Business Sage Works;
- Strong communication skills both oral and written;
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and work on multiple tasks simultaneously and balance priorities;
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Permanent, Full-time position
- $48,620.00 for minimum of 30 hours of work per week
- Applicable overtime pay consisting of 1½ times per hour will apply after 44 hours of work per week;
- Place of work: 31-35 Freshway Dr. Concord, ON L4K 1R9. Occasional travel may be required. Transportation will be paid by the company.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply by email at Rochester.email@example.com, replying to this post with your resume and cover letter or click apply and reply to this posting.
Rochester Aluminum is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome submissions from all qualified applicants. However, please note that only those who meet the requirements of the job being offered will be contacted for interview.
Please visit our website at http://www.rochesteraluminum.com/ to know more about our products and services.