Lafarge in Canada is proud to provide construction solutions in the buildings, infrastructure and industrial segments. These solutions are built with high performance products from our cement, aggregates, ready-mix concrete, asphalt and road construction, and concrete products divisions. From the use of alternative materials and recycling to renewable energy, Lafarge's focus is to develop innovative products that can contribute toward sustainably constructed building solutions. Lafarge takes personal growth and development to heart, and provides resources for our employees to take control of their own careers. Through our commitment to communities, to the health and safety of our employees and their families, or through the many volunteer hours of our employees, Lafarge demonstrates our care for people. If you want to work in an environment that values hard work, entrepreneurship, and collaborative teamwork, Lafarge is for you. Building Better Cities is what we do. Come Build a Better Career with us! More information can be found at www.lafarge.ca/en/careers .
The primary responsibility will be to look after the accounts payable and vendor relationships for the operation, as well as other tasks deemed necessary by the Job Cost Accountant. The selected candidates must be self-motivated, willing to work with all personalities, have exceptional communication skills, and have excellent time management ability.
- Review all invoices and receipts for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting transactions
- Verify accuracy of vendor accounts and review/correct any discrepancies
- Ensure timely processing of all vendor invoices
- Respond to all vendor requests related to payment in a timely manner
- Organize and maintain all documentation, both paper and electronic, related to vendors
- Set up vendor in the SAP
- Create requisitions within SAP
- Follow up on existing PO’s with Procurement team
- Process month-end closing entries
- Provide support, ad hoc reports, and complete various tasks as requested by Job Cost Accountants
- Effectively communicate with operation level to ensure expenses are charged to the appropriate cost centers
- Reconcile field level data within SAP
- Adhere to Lafarge policy and International Financial Reporting Standards
- Represent Lafarge and promote image, integrity, and morals.
- 2 years’ experience in an administrative position. (Experience in the construction industry an asset.)
- Accounting Diploma or Degree an asset
- Accounts payable knowledge and skills
- Microsoft Office knowledge & skills ( i.e. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of SAP
- Excellent organizational attributes, analytical and mathematical skills, and exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work extra hours as needed
- Ability to work without supervision
Why work for us?
Working for Lafarge offers a wide variety of career opportunities that utilize your abilities and skills to contribute to a better world. In addition to local and global developmental opportunities, we provide employees with competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits plan, a health & wellness program with financial incentives, an extensive global e-learning platform and much more! More information can be found at:
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Lafarge is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages the applications from women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.