Graham has grown to be an industry leading solutions partner. An employee-owned company, the organization encompasses the entire construction life cycle and every contracting mode, delivered through divisional offices across North America. Graham supports our divisions with integrated areas of expertise to ensure every project team or improvement initiative has access to the right pool of skills to match the complexity of our commitments. The team takes pride in our impressive portfolio of projects and innovative information systems.
Shared values, passion for safe, quality building, and strong commitment to the organization typify the skilled professionals and technicians that choose to build a career with us. Graham believes that leveraging Human Resources for profit, high moral standards, and social responsibility are not mutually exclusive concepts.
Graham has been awarded Platinum status by the Financial Post as one of “Canada’s 50 Best Managed” Private Companies. Along with this distinction, we were named one of the “50 Best Employers in Canada” by the Globe and Mail’s Report on Business. The business success of Graham is not defined solely in accounting terms, and must be accompanied by a commitment to a rewarding career for our employees, and service to the communities in which we live and work.
About the Role
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager, the Accounts Payable Clerk is accountable for timely invoice processing and must exercise considerable discretion in activities while obtaining the necessary internal approvals. AP Corporate acts as a business partner and key contributor within the Accounts Payable team and is a representative of the finance function.
At Graham some key responsibilities include:
- Builds and maintains constructive and effective working relationships with key operations stakeholders, internal and external team members. Education of client base to the invoice submission standard, where appropriate.
- Identifies and contributes to the ongoing development of systems and processes, identifies benchmarking opportunities and continually challenges the status quo.
- Participate in regular meetings with Accounts Payable team to evaluate business requirements, communicate expectations and evaluate process optimization opportunities. Contribute, create and maintain a positive work environment that fosters the success of a high performing Accounts Payable team.
Commercial Support and Transactional Services
- Process, route, and post invoices not related to purchase orders in accordance with vendor payment terms and contract.
- Validate invoice core criteria and company legal entity to ensure proper matching. Support invoice and coding corrections, where required.
- Perform quality assurance on invoice core criteria to ensure compliance with Accounts Payable processes and procedures.
- Responsible for vendor inquiries, invoice resolution, and timely resolution of issues including the reconciliation and collection of credits along with conducting adhoc statement of account reviews.
- Ensure rush/priority pay and critical payments meet deadline
- Process contractor worker invoices meeting payment deadlines
- Ensure SAP is operational and address any system issues in a timely fashion.
- Assist with cross functional areas within Accounts Payable where required.
- Work towards individual annual goals, key performance indicators, and performance targets aligned with the overall Accounts Payable Team and Graham’s organizational objectives.
Reporting & Analysis
- Create, analyze and distribute metric reports where required.
Standards, Process & Controls
- Ensure all information related to the AP Corporate role is appropriately stored in accordance with Graham’s policies and procedures.
- Preferably post-secondary Degree in Accounting, Finance or Commerce
- 5+ years accounts payable processing, including a concentration on utilities
- Able to multi-task and be flexible in a fast paced environment
- Detail oriented with a drive for efficiency and timeliness
- Strong analytical, interpretive, organizational and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills a must
- SAP experience is an asset
What we can offer you:
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- Grounded and family-oriented workplace in a progressive environment that is at the forefront of a fast evolving business sector
- Commitment to the training and wealth of opportunities for career development across job categories, project types and locations around North America
Graham is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Graham does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
We're Building careers, not filling jobs.
View available job opportunities and submit your application online here.
Applications will only be accepted as online submissions through the Graham website.
Please, no unsolicited resumes or phone inquiries from agencies, thank you.
Graham Management Services LP
10840 27th Street SE
Calgary, AB T2Z 3R6