BOSTON PIZZA INTERNATIONAL INC.
Position: Accounts Receivable and Corporate Store Analyst
Location: Richmond, BC
Boston Pizza International Inc. (“Boston Pizza”) is Canada’s No. 1 casual dining brand with annual gross sales in excess of $1 billion serving more than 50 million guests through its mainly franchisee operated 390 restaurants. The company has been recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies and has been a Franchisees’ Choice Designation winner for seven consecutive years. The Boston Pizza Foundation believes that strong role models inspire kids to be great and the Foundation has raised and donated over $27 million to various charities since 1990. Boston Pizza is located in Richmond, BC and has regional offices in Mississauga, ON and Laval, QC. For more information, visit www.bostonpizza.com.
The Accounts Receivable and Corporate Store Analyst will report into the VP Finance. The finance team works closely with other departments to monitor invoicing and payments to produce quality reporting within a structured monthly timeframe. The role will also work closely with the Corporate Store GMs and Accountants on finance and accounting related issues for the Corporate Stores. The ideal candidate has an exceptional work ethic, strong attention to detail, and excellent communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
Prepare and reconcile the monthly EFT and cash deposit schedule;
- Prepare and reconcile monthly payment plans and special agreements;
- Accurately coding and posting payments (cheque and EFT) to the sub-ledger;
- Preparation of daily cash sheets including the coding of all deposits;
- Reconcile the sub-ledger to the general ledger;
- Prepare and monitor complex accounts receivable tracking reports (via Excel) while incorporating a variety of payment plans. Reconcile the monthly report to sub-ledger and aging categories;
- Follow-up on any payment issues and investigate any discrepancies whilst maintaining a professional and sensitive approach with our client base;
- Coordinate with Financial Analyst to review client fees to be charged;
- Prepare banking transmission files to direct debit clients for payment;
- Regularly assess the effectiveness of all transactional processes;
- Supervision of invoicing process in accordance with established parameters;
- Coordinating various corporate store administrative tasks and communications with external accounting provider;
- Advising and monitoring corporate store payables and bank accounts, including printing and mailing out cheques;
- Corresponding with government regulatory bodies related to corporate stores;
- Coordinate corporate store intercompany and Visa transactions;
- Willingness to grow with this position to potentially take on additional responsibilities.
- A minimum of 5 years of Accounts Receivable and/or Credit & Collections experience;
- Strong analytical skills and organization skills;
- Business Degree or Diploma (concentration or major in accounting an asset);
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with various stakeholders and people in a team environment;
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- SAGE experience is an asset;
- Strong Excel spreadsheet and ERP skills.