Accounts Receivable Clerk Opportunity
The Dufresne Group is currently seeking an Accounts Receivable Clerk for our Accounting Team within our Head Office located at 167 Commerce Dr in Winnipeg, MB.
As an Accounts Receivable Clerk you will be responsible for providing support services for the Organization by performing accounting and credit functions on an ongoing basis.
The Dufresne Group is committed to investing in our team members; we offer:
- Market competitive wages;
- Comprehensive benefits plan and excellent employee discounts;
- Employer Sponsored Retirement Savings Plan;
- Career growth and continuous development;
- Respectful and family-oriented working environment with strong company values.
As an Accounts Receivable Clerk you will:
- Responsible for accurate data entry, providing systems reports, and maintenance of documentation.
- Perform all assigned duties in compliance with internal standard operating procedures and external regulations.
- Ensure compliance issues are brought to the attention of management.
- Responsible for accurate preparation and verification of assigned journal entries.
- Verify accuracy, completeness and consistency of accounting information received.
- Review and verifies all daily batch reports and registers and makes corrections as needed.
- Ensure all amounts are correctly balanced.
- Ensure all paperwork received is processed accurately and efficiently to meet all deadlines.
- Responsible for cross training in order to assist with work overflow or to fill in as needed.
- Assist general ledger with balancing problems ensuring correct reconciliation of accounts.
- Ensure that follow up is being done to collect all past due balances owed to TDG.
As a successful candidate you will have the following:
- Vocational or technical training in business or accounting or combination of related education and experience
- 1+ years of accounting experience.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of generally accepted account principles and practices
- Working knowledge of MS Office products and ability to learn in-house computer programs
We are one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies!
The Dufresne Group has created a strong reputation for great product assortments and providing home furnishing solutions to the Canadian consumer built on a foundation of service excellence. For over 30 years Dufresne has continued to stand on our promise of “A Better Experience”.
The Dufresne Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.