Are you passionate about helping people? If so, join the team of Chabad Lifeline,an outpatient,non-sectarian organization dedicated to helping individuals and families affected by addiction. At Chabad Lifeline, individuals suffering from substance and behavioural addictions as well as family members, are guided by experienced and caring professionals through the process of healing & recovery.
Reporting to the Clinical Director, the Addiction Counsellor provides mental health and addiction counselling and support to individuals and families:
- Counsel patients both individually and within group sessions as appropriate
- Create and modify individualized treatment strategies based on research, clinical knowledge, patient history and evaluations of progress while in counseling
Provide psychosocial counseling, support and education around issues related to addiction:
- Responsible for intakes and assessments, problem identification, treatment planning, recording progress notes, review of continuing care plans.
- Effectively engage clients with substance abuse and mental health issues.
- Demonstrate ability to understand medication assisted treatment.
- Direct families to the appropriate resources, in-house as well as outreach counselling in the community.
- Liaison and contact with schools, hospitals, community organizations, 12-step community and other clinical referrals.
- Provide individual and group therapy.
- Maintain strict confidentiality guidelines regarding all clients, conversations and referrals.
- Utilize the Electronic Management Record system to document all client encounters in a timely fashion.
- Other related duties as required.
- BSW ( with a minimum of 5 year work experience) or MSW or MA
- Excellent clinical and organizational experience as well as creativity, flexibility and self-direction
- Strong initiative and independent judgment
- Ability to multi-task with demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Experience working with people struggling with addiction problems
- Comprehensive knowledge of client centered mental health and addictions interventions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 2 to 4 year experience in behavioral healthcare, specifically addictions or related field
- Knowledge and familiarity with 12 step programs
- Ability to multi-task and to complete paperwork in a timely manner and to work well in a team environment
TO APPLY: For more information or to apply for this position, please send cover letters and résumés to: firstname.lastname@example.org